Backplate, wings, etc. vs knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh shoot... that wasn't it... where'd the right one go? Hmm...

I thought you were BS'ing me at first! Yea, that's pretty streamlined. Don't know if I'd say it was more so than a small BP/W setup, but it's one of the cleanest non-BP/W setups I've ever seen.

Cool.

PerroneFord:
I thought you were BS'ing me at first! Yea, that's pretty streamlined. Don't know if I'd say it was more so than a small BP/W setup, but it's one of the cleanest non-BP/W setups I've ever seen.

Cool.

PerroneFord... She's a Dive Master and puts 2 lbs on her weight belt. Nice Sherwood BC, huh?

For a little humor regarding your prior post - if you hung a volkswagon on the rear of an elephant you couldn't see it facing him head on. But from the side, wow, what a butt.

Don Janni:
PerroneFord... She's a Dive Master and puts 2 lbs on her weight belt. Nice Sherwood BC, huh?

For a little humor regarding your prior post - if you hung a volkswagon on the rear of an elephant you couldn't see it facing him head on. But from the side, wow, what a butt.

See, now that's just cold! :D

But hey, I dive with no weight.

Well... As GDI put it so well in another thread recently... you get to a point of diminishing returns with respect to streamlining. As BCs get smaller you eventually get to a point where going even smaller just doesn't help so much. Then... as always... it's more of a trim and movement skills issue. So... is a BP/wing more streamlined than a little jacket BC? I don't know and I don't know that it really matters.

It does if you're trying to put doubles on it later... :)

Stephen Ash:

That's pretty stream-lined, except the hose routing and lengths. But coming from a background of diving in jacket style, back inflate, and bp/w setups; I can say that the jacket style is the most uncomfortable BC that I've ever worn. I say that because you can not get a snug fit with the BC so that it won't move around on your body. That's because the air bladder surrounds yours sides and your back and you can not get a tight enough fit with out creating a very uncomfortable squeeze. The jacket style BC is also somewhat cumbersome because of the pockets on the sides and you can not put your arms directly against the sides of your body. With a bp/w I have no cumbersome mess on the sides or front. The BC is "custom fit" to my body proportions and when I'm in the water with it on it does not move on me at all. It's like I'm one with the tank on my back. It's simply the most streamlined and comfortable BC's that I've ever worn. That's my opinion from my experiences with several types of BC's though.

Back
Top Bottom