Backplate Holes Covered?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tablets

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I got my delivery today for BP/W rig. I have it assembled and attaching the wing and having one issue. The top holes are both being covered by the harness strap. The lower hole is fine. I have the extra long backplate. The harness looks like the pictures on the website. So not sure if I'm doing something wrong or that is design.

Thanks

**Also when adjusting shoulder height, how high should the waist strap be? I'm assuming it has to be above waist belt, but what's a good height?

2b461d8b1b5beebe350b87c2c5bb2e58.jpg

The 2 holes above the webbing are covered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I got my delivery today for BP/W rig. I have it assembled and attaching the wing and having one issue. The top holes are both being covered by the harness strap. The lower hole is fine. I have the extra long backplate. The harness looks like the pictures on the website. So not sure if I'm doing something wrong or that is design.

Thanks

**Also when adjusting shoulder height, how high should the waist strap be? I'm assuming it has to be above waist belt, but what's a good height?

The waist strap should be at your waist. Your waist is not the top of your jeans, it's just below the bottom of your rib cage.

Keep in mind you may have to make a few small adjustments as the plate is position it's self differently when you have standing vs horizontal in the water particularly when you have the weight of the cylinder added to the rig.

On the DSS long pattern plate the webbing will not cover the top hole on the plate.

The lower hole at the top of the plate can be about 30-40% covered by the webbing that crosses over the tank side of the plate.

If you need to use this hole (I'd suggest trying the top hole first) you can either push the webbing out of the way, or melt a 1/2 moon in the edge of the webbing at the location of the hole. Rest assured the webbing is plenty strong enough to survive.

Tobin

KIMG0031.jpgKIMG0032.jpgKIMG0033.jpg

I understand what you are saying about the half moon to get space, but both of the holes are completely covered. The pics above should help to see what it looks like. If you need a different angle or another pic let me know.

The fact it does cover the hole is probably better than the half moon, which as Tobin said, would be plenty strong. In this case here, just mark your preferred hole position on the webbing then burn a hole in it at that point.

I thought I would put a grommet in mine. After I bought the tool, I used the die to cut a nice clean hole. I placed that hole over the flame of a candle and got a real good melted edge around the hole. I decided to just leave it like that and not even install the grommet.

Agree with Keith. Burn a hole, I bought a grommet kit years ago and it's just easier and as strong to melt a hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok, so does anyone know the size of the hole. Just from what I've seen it looks it may be 1/4", but I would like to know for sure.

Big enough for 5/16" threaded rod to go through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom