Backplate hole not aligned with harness - Bad design or bad user?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ****** BP that with sharp edges will eat much faster through webbing when you actually use it.
Or spend a couple of minutes with a file to round over the edges. Less effort than dealing with a return. And you can then tell everyone you are a "maker". Of course then you'll be required to grow a beard, buy $600 Alden boots and drink IPAs from obscure breweries. So maybe better to just return it.

How can the source of the webbing make a difference? It is webbing with a grommet punched in the center of the width. Same as everyone's...

It only really matters if you need that bottom hole. if you do, you are either just pushing it out of the way or burning a hole in the webbing for a bolt.
Not the same as some. I use Halcyon webbing and the grommet is offset from center so the holes are aligned.

IMG_1937.jpeg

I am using a Scubapro Hydros Pro BC, no issues with anything misaligned or not fitting or not in the right place. I am so happy and indeed very satisfied.

:p

A grommet "problem" gets 46 posts and counting. But of course.

Not the same as some. I use Halcyon webbing and the grommet is offset from center so the holes are aligned.
I have Halcyon plates and Halcyon webbing, and for the premium that brand somehow commands--the so-called "H-tax"--the holes had darned well better align! But as said I-don't-know-how-many posts ago, the grommet isn't really needed.

This why I love SB sometimes, a thread goes viral over something as stupid as a grommet not lining up. Highly entertaining!
It’s cheap plate so what? The slots are off and the webbing sits weird so what?
I’d have taken some pliers and pried out the damn grommet because they are worthless and already had a couple dives in on it while you guys are still here arguing over grommets.

Looks like they knocked off a Hollis plate, which requires their multiple piece ELITE 2 HARNESS.
1689969868835.png

Attachments

• 1689957551393.png
    1689957551393.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 30
This why I love SB sometimes, a thread goes viral over something as stupid as a grommet not lining up. Highly entertaining!
The simplest questions often get a lot of responses, because when it comes to something like a metal plate, a piece of webbing, and a grommet, we can all feel like experts. I quickly get in over my head in the deco threads. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom