Back-up lights -- BP/rec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My can is small though (Pro 4 HID) so that be the difference.

Try it pushed all the way and see it it makes a difference.

If it doesn't, want to swap lights just to see if that helps?

Nah, I better stick with my HID. The big cans are cool though cuz they give you a place to carry a spare mask.

Tom

If you don't need it don't take it.
If you might need it take it stowed correctly.

Chris... for now with what you are doing a cheaper light will suffice... even a Pelican Super Saberlight with all the crap cut off.

But I agree with Tom... get a good light when you can.

Eric... your canister is probably riding too high... and your D-ring is riding too low (it should be at your clavical) but don't slide the canister back all the way to the plate.... leave enough room that your arm will fit between canister and plate so you can reach your butt ring.

Tom... com'on... give the kid your Pro4 :wink:

Eric... your canister is probably riding too high... and your D-ring is riding too low (it should be at your clavical) but don't slide the canister back all the way to the plate.... leave enough room that your arm will fit between canister and plate so you can reach your butt ring.

Good point. I will reassess it tonight and decide whether to move the webbing belt lower on the can or raise the d-ring (or both).

Tom... com'on... give the kid your Pro4

Yeah, you won't need it when you are not on scubaboard anymore... :rolleyes:

Mine is a pro 14 and there is no interference. There might be a less expensive light that is as reliable but...how would I know when I found it. I don't want to find out 2000 feet back in a cave that I made a mistake. I guess I think the cost of my backups is an insignificant portion of my overall diving budget.

The first place I try to cut cost is in the hotel and resorts: not in equipment.

If my pro-14 fails in a cave (which it did last week) and a backup fails, I can call JJ if I want or at least someone who understands how important the function of the equipment is. He will appreciate the situation. With a bargin basement copy who do you get on the phone.

I can reach my butt ring with the can pushed back, I kinda reach around the can. I keep my bag stowed back there so I have to reach it. It's tough to reach it from the left because of the 2 stages that are in the way of absolutley everything that I ever want to do :/

Eric, I bet Pug's right though, can you adjust your can downward (is it a hose clamp setup like Halcyons?)?

Tom

I guess he could be...

Eric, I bet Pug's right though, can you adjust your can downward (is it a hose clamp setup like Halcyons?)?

Yes, it looks just like a Halcyon except it is a lot less cool looking :)

I wish I knew how far down to go with it though...anyone have any idea what the distance from the top of the topmost hose clamp to the top of the lid (when closed and ready for use) is?

Back
Top Bottom