Back to Kihei - Late May 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schlackerrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm returning to Maui with my two daughter for more scuba diving. We were there over X-Mas/New Years this past winter and had the best vacation ever!
I know that you can never really plan on the weather, but what is the diving conditions usually during the second half of May each year?
I found that the south Maui shore dives where the best during recent trip. We did dive Honolua Bay up north, but the surge was fairly bad. I was told that when the surfers are there the diving is usually bad (but we still went). Are the conditions usually better during May up there?
Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Generally speaking May has nice weather for diving. Always set your dives up for the earliest part of your stay just in case the seas are up. You might get a few good days towards the end that you could fall back on if the water doesn't cooperate at first.

Have fun! It will be here before you know it! We're just about into the first day of fall 2010 already!!

Aloha and Shaka!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom