Back To Kentucky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
It's all rumor. At the "old" house we would have had about a five minute drive. If all else fails we could drive the 20-30 minutes and stay at LandLocks. :D Orrrr, diverat, lives close to Joe's.

Well then ...... I certainly don't recall any invitations coming our way for the "KPP Pit Barbeque and Camp-out."

I'd say the new place is within 2-3 min away. It has a great rec room with a bar and I hope to have a pool table in there before too long. I'd say a cookout and get together is definately in the future. :D

jpsexton:
I'd say the new place is within 2-3 min away. It has a great rec room with a bar and I hope to have a pool table in there before too long. I'd say a cookout and get together is definately in the future. :D

:bandsmlz: :cheers:

would this Joe's be a good place for a club dive? Tell me more about it!!!

TheHobster:
would this Joe's be a good place for a club dive? Tell me more about it!!!

Hey Preston. Joe's can't compare to Mermet, Haigh or Gilboa. It's more like a Blue Springs or France Park, but it's only $15 and has alot more fish. They actually have bluegill that have been know to attach the earlobes of divers without hoods! I'd consider it one notch above Blue Springs in that they have 3-4 nicely constructed shelters with concrete slabs. However, they don't have an air fill station. They do have 2-3 nice gravel walk-in entry points similar to the one Haigh has. No flush toilets, just a porta-potty or two. They have several platforms, boats and a cop car that have been sunk for our pleasure.

The official name is Joe's Falling Rock Scuba Park and it is just outside of La Grange, KY, just NE of Louisville. It's about 2:15 from my driveway including one quick pitstop on the way down.

The owner is also a trip. He's a great character. Be sure and have him tell you how he got the idea of creating a Scuba Park in La Grange! Joe (I think his last name is Carter) owns an active quarry right next door to Falling Rock.

I usually get down there 3-4 times a season to dive with the KPP folks ... Landlocked, TStorm, JPSexton, Crpntr133, KROBI and a few others I'm sure I missed. Hoosier's also been known to make it down, but I've never seen him there. :wink: One option is to join us down there one weekend and check it out for yourself before scheduling an IDC trip.

here is a picture of one of the killer bluegill

blue01.jpg

and here is a little spoof that I did showing some of the other u/w sites:

http://www.myunderwaterworld.com/fallingrock%20tripreport.htm

Dave

dbh:
here is a picture of one of the killer bluegill

blue01.jpg

and here is a little spoof that I did showing some of the other u/w sites:

http://www.myunderwaterworld.com/fallingrock%20tripreport.htm

Dave

Those be the frightening fish! I wonder if they are actually a bluegill/piranha cross breed?! Is that where you guys came up with the name 'Kentucky Piranha Patrol'?! Ahhhhh ... it's all coming together now!

Jim you forgot about the all important Big Blue! The biggest cat fish that I have seen. Yes he's even bigger than those at Mermet.

Joe's is a blast and well worth the money and the trip. Dive club?? I would go but I want to dive everything.

Yes that is where the KPP came from. Those are piranhagills at Joe's.

JP you need to be shot if you moved closer to Joe's. It was bad enough now closer. That's it I'm callin Big Blue.

BTW, did we hijack this thread or what?..sorry OP (drunkenparrot)

Divin'Hoosier:
I usually get down there 3-4 times a season to dive with the KPP folks ... Landlocked, TStorm, JPSexton, Crpntr133, KROBI and a few others I'm sure I missed. Hoosier's also been known to make it down, but I've never seen him there. :wink:

Good memory.. :wink:

Min also likes a Joe's a lot. It is good place to dive and enjoy weekend.

I have yet to catch a glimpse of Big Blue in all my dives at Joes but there are more killer 'gills and largemouths than anywhere else I have been to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom