Back to diving and back here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemedicNS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Getting back in the water and back here after a few years of fighting PTSD and depression from 20 years as a Paramedic. Rediscovering my love of diving and travel. Lots of catching up to do. I am from Nova Scotia Canada.

Glad your back after so long. Where in NS? I'm basically in Halifax (Eastern Passage/Dartmouth).

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Do you do local cold water diving, or mainly travel to dive elsewhere?

Richard.
I mainly cold water dive, but I do or did until COVID happened dive/dove in many warm water spots. We in the summertime get tropical fish here especially post tropical storm/hurricane.

Getting back in the water and back here after a few years of fighting PTSD and depression from 20 years as a Paramedic. Rediscovering my love of diving and travel. Lots of catching up to do. I am from Nova Scotia Canada.
aww that's awesome! I'm glad you were able to find your love for it again. what I find sometimes is with my mental health, diving (no pun intended lol) into the hobbies I love acts as an escape for a bit. hopefully you continue to feel even better and enjoy diving and traveling more!! :)

aww that's awesome! I'm glad you were able to find your love for it again. what I find sometimes is with my mental health, diving (no pun intended lol) into the hobbies I love acts as an escape for a bit. hopefully you continue to feel even better and enjoy diving and traveling more!! :)
Foe me it was the complete opposite. I shutdown, stopped enjoying life.

Foe me it was the complete opposite. I shutdown, stopped enjoying life.
Yeah. It’s hard when it’s like nothing makes you feel better or gives you relief. When it’s your own thoughts you can’t really escape them. Sucks ass. It’s awesome you’re enjoying life again.

Yeah. It’s hard when it’s like nothing makes you feel better or gives you relief. When it’s your own thoughts you can’t really escape them. Sucks ass. It’s awesome you’re enjoying life again.
Much appreciated

Glad to hear you’re back into diving I’m out of Antigonish area maybe in the future we could get out I mostly shore dive or lake dives looking for bottles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom