Back Plate questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of additional notes....

If you have not ever rigged a backplate, have it done for you in advance or get someone that KNOWS how to do it to rig it for you. It's a little confusing at first-the webbing routing can be a little tricky.

Also, I don't recommend the D-ring hardware that I've seen from FredT. It's got a squared-off fixed ring that a. sticks out too far and b. is just to large and bulky for a smooth clip attachment. Get the Halcyon SS hardware.

Since you asked, scubanarc ... what I like about the Halcyon is that it comes with rounded edges on all the slots, perimeter holes, and outside edges. I like the consistency of the finish. I take this as an insurance policy against chafing my drysuit, slowly over time. I like the shallowness of the bend in the Halcyon since I use single tanks and want the tank as close to my back as possible. My Halcyon plate is the fourth plate I've owned, all from different manufacturers. Anyone want to buy an Abyssmal plate that's all nicely dremmeled out? Its just a piece of metal:D I am serious about the plate being for available, though.

Back
Top Bottom