Back mount pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you guys having free flows that often? I leave my pony open and i've never had a free flow ever.

Conshelfs from the 60s...
never had any free flow on my pony of my main tank in about 200 dives.
I guess neither of you have dove in current or with equipment that might press against the purge button... it happens on occasion.

I guess neither of you have dove in current or with equipment that might press against the purge button... it happens on occasion.

Hola, are you talking has if your have your reg in your mouth and dove in current ? juste to make sure i understand. (for the record after 200 i did dove in some strong current actually) Last time was on a wreck dive the lillie Persons this summer
i are you talking about having the reg in your mouth while you dive facing the current ? Yes i do dive often in current.

As a strictly rec diver in the PNW, I added at 19cf back-mounted pony (119cf HP main tank) as soon as I got comfortable enough with my gear to deal with more hoses. It has a little peanut gauge so I can check pressure when I turn it on but not underwater; it is open throughout the dive but I have the Venturi on its 2nd stage turned all the way down and it has never free-flowed. I had to move 1-2 lbs. of lead in my weight harness to eliminate its tendency to make me rotate. I was pleasantly surprised that the added weight of the tank and regs didn't make it much worse wading into and out of the water.

Initially, I had removed my octo since I had the pony 2nd stage on a necklace, but I added it back after thinking about OOA situations where I might be sharing air with a panicked buddy. There will almost always be a lot more air in my main tank, so maintaining access for me seemed a good idea.

I really don't understand not diving with a redundant air supply - not a big hassle, however configured, and it addresses the thing generally most likely to kill you underwater.
Dont need an octo if you do an Air2 type setup. and redundant dive computers with A.I. I got rid of octo and SPG .... two hoses instead of four. Perfection.

Dont need an octo if you do an Air2 type setup. and redundant dive computers with A.I. I got rid of octo and SPG .... two hoses instead of four. Perfection.
You could manually inflate and get down to one hose.

Dont need an octo if you do an Air2 type setup. and redundant dive computers with A.I. I got rid of octo and SPG .... two hoses instead of four.
i thought there was somed issues with air2 setup or similar need to find the info. cheers

Back
Top Bottom