Trip Report Back in the water in Florida 2024 #4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My flight down was scheduled for Thursday the 26th. I was quite certain that it would be cancelled. Much to my surprise, the flight took off on time and was perfectly routine, a couple areas of mild turbulence

I was scheduled to go out of Riviera Beach on Friday with Walker's Charters. I was not at all surprised that they had to cancel. I had both a text and a voicemail by the time I landed in Palm Beach, good communication.

Saturday Sept 28, dive day #1

I went out with Starfish from Boynton Harbor Marina with Capt. Chris, Zach and Madi. There were only seven divers, luxury. It was a partly sunny day, warm and humid. Seas were as advertised, mostly 2-3 feet

First dive was on the Castor, brisk north current, visibility only 20-25 feet, water temp 83 degrees. There were 6-10 Goliath Grouper on the stern and 3 on the bow. Nice group of Barracuda on the bow and a large school of Spadefish on the stern. Not a great dive for the Castor but very nice to be back in the water in SE FL.

Second dive was on Black Condo, a beautiful high relief reef. Moderate north current, visibility again 20-25 feet, water temp 84 degrees. A nice Loggerhead turtle and all the usual reef fish.

The weather held off until we pulled back into the marina and then it absolutely poured. Our timing was good. Not too bad for just 2 days after Helene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom