Trip Report Back in the water in Florida 2024 #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This trip did not start off so well. I was to come down Thursday and do Deep Ledge with JDC on Friday. Unfortunately, after boarding and then deboarding the plane 3 times, it was canceled due to intense thunderstorms to the south. I got down yesterday instead. JDC was understanding and refunded my reservation.

I went out with Starfish today out of Boynton, Capt Chris, Zach and Madi. First dive was on the Castor. There was a mild south current, water temp 81, visibility about 30 feet. There were only about 4 or 5 Goliath Grouper on the wreck and no other notable schools of fish.

Second dive was on Briny Breezes. also a mild south current, temp 82, visibility around 30 feet. All the usual reef fish, nothing special.

It was great to be back in the water.

.. south current, water temp 81, visibility about 30 feet. There were only about 4 or 5 Goliath Grouper
The Castor is usually loaded with GG's but it's still before the season's peak. Welcome back and thanks for the conditions!!

Welcome back

Two dives with Starfish out of Boynton today. Day started with an intense thunderstorm and ended up with a very nice, partly sunny afternoon. Capt Chris, Zach and Madi

Seas were less than 2 feet, water was 81 degrees, mild north current, visibility about 30 feet. First dive was at Clubhouse, a single Lemon Shark and all the usual reef fish. Second dive was at Briny Breezes, a relaxing drift with a beautiful reef and all of the usual suspects.

I went out with Walker's Dive Charters out of Riviera Beach this morning. The boat is gorgeous, it has been refurbished since I was last on it. It was a beautiful, partly sunny day. Seas were around 2 feet, mild to moderate north current, water temp 80 degrees, visibility around 30 ft +/-. Went out with Capt Mike, guides Sarah and Christina, both wonderful as guides and deckhands.

1st dive was at Nun's Reef, I had never dived it before. Nice looking reef with all the usual reef fish. 2nd dive was at Mid Reef, another nice looking reef with a tiny Goldentail Moray, head smaller than the tip of your pinkie, a gorgeous juv Spotted Drum, small crab in a Giant Anemone, many colorful Scorpionfish and a nice large solitary Goliath Grouper.

We only had 7 divers, real luxury. Even with the max of 14, this boat would not likely seem overly crowded. I'm diving with them again in the morning.

Went back out with Walker's Charters out of Riviera Beach this morning. Another beautiful partly sunny day. Seas were around 2 feet+, water temp on the first dive was very warm at 84 degrees, on the second dive it was 81 degrees. First dive had a moderate north current, second dive had a brisk north current, we covered a lot of ground. Visibility was about the same as yesterday +/- 30 feet.

Went out with Capt Mike, Christina and John/JP. The first dive drop was at Tear Drop to Ron's Rock, to Middle Earth, to Flower Garden. Nice reef, usual reef fish, a few gorgeous squid. The second dive was just north, Flower Garden to Trench, to Breakers. Another good reef dive with a cute juvenile trunkfish in the Trench and all the usual reef fish on the rest of the dive.

We had 12 divers on the boat today, not as nice as the 7 yesterday but is was not crowded and there was plenty of room to get around and for storage.

Today was my last day of diving for this trip. As a surprise, I have to have my A/C serviced tomorrow before I go home on Friday.

I was supposed to go out with Starfish out of Boynton today but they cancelled due to lack of divers. Fortunately, Walker's Dive Charters was able to add me to the manifest out of Riviera Beach.

It was a beautiful party sunny day. Seas were less than 3 feet. There was a moderate north current, water temp 83 degrees, visibility around 30 feet. The first dive was on Flower Gardens, nice reef, usual reef fish. The second dive was on the north end of Breakers. The reef was gorgeous, the equal of the reef in Boynton Beach. Nothing unusual, but a great distribution of the usual reef fish. Dived with Capt Bill, Christina, and JP. Christina and JP are both wonderful as deckhands and guides.

This was a nice visit. I haven't dived Palm Beach as much as Boynton and Jupiter. The reef dives in Palm Beach were very good. I would not be surprised if I dive Palm Beach more often with Walker's Dive Charters.

I would not be surprised if I dive Palm Beach more often with Walker's Dive Charters.
Walkers is an excellent operator who is accommodating to all levels & types of divers. We were thinking of diving today but viz reports north of you said it was half of what you had. Glad you had a good trip back!!

Today was my last day of diving for this trip. As a surprise, I have to have my A/C serviced tomorrow before I go home on Friday.

I was supposed to go out with Starfish out of Boynton today but they cancelled due to lack of divers. Fortunately, Walker's Dive Charters was able to add me to the manifest out of Riviera Beach.

It was a beautiful party sunny day. Seas were less than 3 feet. There was a moderate north current, water temp 83 degrees, visibility around 30 feet. The first dive was on Flower Gardens, nice reef, usual reef fish. The second dive was on the north end of Breakers. The reef was gorgeous, the equal of the reef in Boynton Beach. Nothing unusual, but a great distribution of the usual reef fish. Dived with Capt Bill, Christina, and JP. Christina and JP are both wonderful as deckhands and guides.

This was a nice visit. I haven't dived Palm Beach as much as Boynton and Jupiter. The reef dives in Palm Beach were very good. I would not be surprised if I dive Palm Beach more often with Walker's Dive Charters.
More importantly, how did it work out with the A/C. They don't make them like they used to and A/C guys.... wow they try hard to sell you a new unit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom