Trip Report Back in the high life, part 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck, forecast does not look promising at this point

Nope. Today through Thu looks like toast and possibly Fri too. Swells from Teddy + first cold front of the season.

I’ll probably hit BHB Thu instead and I’m diving with PV on Sat.

Thanks for sharing your dive insights We will be splitting our dives between Boynton Beach and Palm Beach next month. It will be our first dive vacation to Florida. After reading of the conditions, I am glad I have some Scopolamine patches available! We have a place booked on Singer Island. My husband is a craft beer geek. So you have any recommendations on brew pubs to visit? Thanks in advance.

Besides Dixie Grill & Bar as Craig recommended Saltwater has a tasting room in Delray right off I-95 & Atlantic.

Saltwater Brewery - South Florida Craft Brewery - Fresh Local Beer

Today was to be my last diving day for this visit :(

upload_2020-9-21_8-11-4.png

Until next time...

Boynton Inlet this morning. Very windy, breakers across the entire inlet, waves breaking over the north jetty, splashes going over the top of the pump house.

upload_2020-9-21_10-27-42.png

Nasty!!

This is the boat that capsized Sunday. Adam, owner of Starfish, caught it on drone video. Thankfully all were rescued by the jet skiers. The Boynton Inlet is not one to take lightly. It and the Boca inlet are the most challenging inlets in this area. If you're going to use them make sure you either use an experienced, trustworthy captain or make sure you are one yourself. I do the former because I'm NOT the later!

This is the boat that capsized Sunday. Adam, owner of Starfish, caught it on drone video. Thankfully all were rescued by the jet skiers. The Boynton Inlet is not one to take lightly. It and the Boca inlet are the most challenging inlets in this area. If you're going to use them make sure you either use an experienced, trustworthy captain or make sure you are one yourself. I do the former because I'm NOT the later!

Wow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom