Back in action

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy_J

Reaction score
After a long trip to Japan I have returned, will soon be headed to Anthony’s Key!

Very excited! Any suggestions of dive locations / anti sand flea remedies etc more than welcomed.

Glad to be back missed you all!

:doctor:
Crazy_J

Japan AND Anthony's Key? Can I hate you now or do I wait for the photos and trip report? :rofl:

We're getting ready for our 6th trip to Roatan, we go to the south side to CCV but I'm sure the bugs are the same! There are several sprays that work well. Cactus Juice is an all-natural, Cutters Skintastic had some DEET and there's the 100% DEET products. I don't use the DEET anymore because unless you wash it all off your hands, if you get any on anything plastic it melts it. My camera strobe has fingerprints melted into it as well as all the print melted off the battery cap. I prefer the Skintastic. But whatever you decide to use, the big secret is to USE IT! It's usually those short trips across the sand from the boat to your room where you'll get nailed. I keep a bottle in the gear area, one in my room and leave a bottle in the dining room. Anytime I get wet, I reapply as soon as I dry off.

Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom