back ground

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fins wake:
... in Paris during the Action Directe attacks (in fact I walked down the Avenue de la Grande Armée back to my flat one night after meeting friends half-an-hour before these terrorists blew up a car showroom which I had passed right by ... true story and it certainly makes a compelling case to me for the existance of guardian angels).
Rotten bastards, all of them. Kept the angels busy. Growing up in Germany under the treat of Bader Meinhof and later the Red Army Fraction I know what you mean. Dropped of my brother at the Franfurt airport one day, picked up my dad in the same terminal two days later at about the same time. On the day between those two a bomb blew up, same place and hour we were and would be there again. Gave a new meaning to the term 'terminal'.
They still hadn't been able to get rid of all the blood the day after.
The only good terrorist is a dead one (except for the on you wanna question first). Defying them is paramount, and restricting RB is hence not an option.

caveseeker7:
The only good terrorist is a dead one (except for the on you wanna question first). Defying them is paramount, and restricting RB is hence not an option.
This actually gives me some ideas for RB cover painting. E.g. something suitable involving Osama and our four-legged friend, the camel. :happyslk:

Of course, not something it'd be wise to take along for diving off Yemen or a Saudi Arabia ... :apc: :smileysho

glbirch:
Little bolt-on wheels. And the huskies are shaved to keep cool and to disguise them as poodles. We plan ahead.

Okay! We need to report this to our (so-called) intelligence agencies. Anyone with surveillance photos of the above, please post immediately!!

BJD

BigJetDriver69:
Anyone with surveillance photos of the above, please post immediately!!
Be carefull what you ask for, BJD, you're talking to a Canadian.
He might just turn his dog into a poodle's ***** for picture's sake. :wink:

Add-ited: ***** = female dog, and since we're talking about dogs that
term was the correct one, even if it has a second meaning. Darn PC.

caveseeker7:
He might just turn his dog into a poodle's ***** for picture's sake. Add-ited: ***** = female dog, and since we're talking about dogs that term was the correct one, even if it has a second meaning. Darn PC.
The funny thing is that sometimes the ***** becomes more profane than the word substituted. It's a bit like that famous (and disturbing) scene from the movie Straw Dogs, if ya know what I mean. The heavy-handed censorial cutting actually made the act even lewder, giving rise to its infamous branding in art movie circles ...

(I wonder how many who follow my meaning here? :54: )

fins wake:
Straw Dogs, if ya know what I mean.
Looks like it's time I hit the video store again. Missed that one.
My favorite automatic censorship was on the old Inspiration/VR3 board.
One guy's handle was Klondike, as the river. Every time you adressed him it turned into Klon[bad word]. :D

fins wake:
The funny thing is that sometimes the ***** becomes more profane than the word substituted. It's a bit like that famous (and disturbing) scene from the movie Straw Dogs, if ya know what I mean. The heavy-handed censorial cutting actually made the act even lewder, giving rise to its infamous branding in art movie circles ...

(I wonder how many who follow my meaning here? :54: )

Hey, this is getting REALLY interesting! Naked poodles, straw dogs, and X-ratings! YEE-HA, BABY! When do we get out the feather-dusters?

BJD

BigJetDriver69:
Hey, this is getting REALLY interesting! Naked poodles, straw dogs, and X-ratings! YEE-HA, BABY! When do we get out the feather-dusters?
If nothing else, we've convinced the casual onlooker that rebreather people really are strange ... :froze: :dork: :biggrin2:

fins wake:
If nothing else, we've convinced the casual onlooker that rebreather people really are strange ... :froze: :dork: :biggrin2:
Fun . Not strange, fun ! :bounce:

Well, so we're weird? So what? We wouldn't be diving these strange machines if we weren't!

Besides, as the great Hunter S. Thompson once said: "When the going gets weird, the weird turn PRO!!!!

HOOAH!!! BJD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom