Back from the PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Another succesul trip to the Puget Sound. Despite a -2 low tide and a 12ft tidal exchange, the diving was really very good. Sunday I went diving from Redondo beach, just south of Sea-Tac airport with Cold H20. The vis was only about 10 ft but the plumrose anenomies (spelling?) are always so nice to look at. Saw lots of small sole and followed a rat fish around. It was a good check out dive to make sure I had all my gear before I went out on the boat with my friend Donnie1442000 the next day.

Monday I met Donnie at the Redondo boat launch at 2:30pm. From there we went across the water to Maury island and dove some old wooden sunken barges near an old abanded gravel quarry. We had a good 20 ft vis in the 48deg water. What a beutiful site! There was sea life everywhere. Lots of lingcod, rockfish, crabs and many other fish I don't know the names of. To bad, we didn't see any octopusses or wolf eels this time. I really need to buy a camera housing!

Cold water diving Rocks!

shaggie:
Another succesul trip to the Puget Sound. Despite a -2 low tide and a 12ft tidal exchange, the diving was really very good. Sunday I went diving from Redondo beach, just south of Sea-Tac airport with Cold H20. The vis was only about 10 ft but the plumrose anenomies (spelling?) are always so nice to look at. Saw lots of small sole and followed a rat fish around. It was a good check out dive to make sure I had all my gear before I went out on the boat with my friend Donnie1442000 the next day.

Monday I met Donnie at the Redondo boat launch at 2:30pm. From there we went across the water to Maury island and dove some old wooden sunken barges near an old abanded gravel quarry. We had a good 20 ft vis in the 48deg water. What a beutiful site! There was sea life everywhere. Lots of lingcod, rockfish, crabs and many other fish I don't know the names of. To bad, we didn't see any octopusses or wolf eels this time. I really need to buy a camera housing!

Cold water diving Rocks!

Cold water diving IMO is the BEST!!!!!

Great trek report....sounded like you had a super time diving.... :D

Back
Top Bottom