Back from Koh Tao, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan:
Season was not an issue with Kho Tao. As "smartecosse" stated it is primarilly a dive training location. It is assembly line diving with most shops limiting you to a 45 minute dive. I dove with Siam Divers who did not restrict me with my dive times.

I didn't go to the Andaman Sea side as it was too late in the season. The feedback I got was the water was already rough.

Koh Tao is a party island for the European 20 something set. Lots of drunks, loud music and loud people.

As for going for a month I am retired. The airfare is the big cost so going for a month makes it worthwhile. I am a budget traveler so I visit places like Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.

I will likely return to the Philippines in Sept. The diving was good, the people speak English and the prices are right.

very cool website. Thanks for giving me some more ideas to mull over for the next 20-25yrs.

Although, I don't know how uncomfortable I would be letting an older woman carry two tanks with bcs for us on her head.

If you're just back, I'd assume you're a little "Too Early" in the season for Koh tao..

Also, the past week Thailand had been affected by the storm rampaging Hong Kong and China..

But, anyhow, I do agree that Koh Tao is mainly a training place.

Next time you're in Thailand, Try the Andaman side..

BTW, how about some pictures? I'm thinking about going there in a few month

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom