Hello from Germany... or Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JP97

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello people!

I’ve been reading here during the last few days and now decided to join, too. I’m 25 and based in Germany.

Last year me and my girlfriend were in the Maldives where we did a short try breathing underwater with scuba gear. I knew back then I’d be doing my certifications soon but not there as it was expensive.

This year we went backpacking on the 15th of August to Southeast Asia. We started in Bangkok, and shortly afterwards we found ourselves in Koh Tao and did the OW and while doing it decided to do the AOW right afterward as our instructor (who was leaving a few days later for Komodo) was the best teacher and kindest person you could imagine. I just found out later that usually you need to do some more dives before getting the AOW… well not in Koh Tao I guess, haha.

Anyway, during the first dive, I knew this was one of my new passions that I want to proceed with doing as much as possible in the future. Therefore I’ll be glad to get the most information from this site.

And while speaking about it, we’re right now in Khao Lak and are trying to figure out our further itinerary plans together with where to dive next as our backpacking budget is quite tight and we already spent more than what we were planning for at this time. I’ll be glad for any information in this thread: Diving in Thailand, Malaysia Philippines?

Thanks!

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and congratulations on discovering a new passion! I can't help you with any SE Asia info, but wish you all the best! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom