Back beach intel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone! I will be taking my 18 y/o daughter diving at Back Beach tomorrow and need some help. Every time I've been there (which isn't very often) in the last 20 years it has been in a Supervisory role so I have never really stopped to "smell the roses". I've been student-watching
1f642.png
She would really like to see critters so I'm hoping for some recent or archived knowledge about sections to aim for or avoid. Thanks!

2 options - 1) if you stick to the left and head out to the island (on charts - sandy point ledge) and swim around it there's ususally some good wildlife. 2) at high tide I suggest a a run between back and front beaches. The spit in the middle usually has some wildlife.

I can second swimming out to the island on the left. I've never been that far towards Front beach. Old Garden Beach usually has quite a bit of life if you've not been there before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom