Baby Doubles for Double Hose Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trying to find time to put my LP50 set together. This motivates me.

@rx7diver - do you have the pull rod? On my one set I took a piece of weight belt material and punched a grommet in it. Put the tail end in the lower band and the pull rod through the grommet hole. Works great.

@rx7diver - do you have the pull rod? On my one set I took a piece of weight belt material and punched a grommet in it. Put the tail end in the lower band and the pull rod through the grommet hole. Works great.

@rhwestfall,

Your idea is excellent! I was thinking to loop a piece of paracord sticking out from under the lower band, and thread the pull rod (once I procure one) through it. That way I would be able to easily and swiftly cut the paracord to free the rod in the case of an entanglement emergency.

But, I like your idea. Hmmm. What do you think about using (thinner) seat belt webbing, instead, with two grommets (straddling the lower tahk band)--as a variation/improvement on your idea?

rx7diver

I don't know what you gain with the second, and it maybe could bind in some manner (doubtful). The single "tab" has been very reliable and stiff webbing seems to really work...

As to pull rods, if one can't be found scrap picking, places like The Scuba Museum ( @1969ivan1 ) can be a great source. I believe VDH had some (new) with a metal foot for attaching to the tank under the band (I got one from him) too.

Maybe John at NESS?

Update:

Pull rod arrived a couple of weeks ago. (Thanks for the link, @rhwestfall .)

I pulled my Scubapro Balanced Adjusables out of mothballs, serviced one to use as a safe second for my DH, and just finished attaching it. (@Bob DBF recently wrote, "I like shiny." I agree.)

rx7diver

Dbls_Pull_Rod_20210723.jpeg BA_Service_20210811.jpeg DH_Safe_Second_20210815.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom