B.S. Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAMIE MCG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just read that Ginnie Springs or any State Park want allow doulbles unless full cave, is this still the case.

I just dove Troy Springs a couple of weeks ago. Their only rule, that I saw, was that you can't carry any lights. I didn't see anything about that at Ginnie either. I'm sure someone will chime in with a much more educated answer than mine.

For clarification. Ginnie enforces the certification criteria of the agency.

I was in the situation in the past where I wanted to dive doubles (and having done my training in doubles) at the Intro level of NACD. I could not dive doubles at Ginnie since NACD does not certify the intro level in doubles.

I did speak with management there about this, there was a big stink on line and in the realms of some agencies. But bottom line still remains: if your certification agency does not allow doubles, Ginnie will not allow you to dive doubles. If it does, you can dive doubles in Ginnie.

I can not speak for state parks, never had any issue there.

I just dove Troy Springs a couple of weeks ago. Their only rule, that I saw, was that you can't carry any lights. I didn't see anything about that at Ginnie either. I'm sure someone will chime in with a much more educated answer than mine.
Cant carry any lights?? :eek:
I never dive without atleast my backup light in the pocket...

Is that a double negative??:confused:

Knowing nothing about that site ... but noticing that this is posted in the cave diving forum ... I would see a prohibition against lights as somewhat problematic ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Knowing nothing about that site ... but noticing that this is posted in the cave diving forum ... I would see a prohibition against lights as somewhat problematic ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ginnie allows open water divers to dive around the Devil's cave system. The no light policy only applies to open water divers, not certified cave and cavern divers. Open water divers can carry lights in the ballroom, and that is the only place. They can also wear doubles in the ballroom as well, since there is a grate to prevent further passage into the cave.

State Parks allow lights if you have cavern/cave certification. Some allow lights regardless, it varies site to site. Some sites won't allow OW divers at all.

For clarification. Ginnie enforces the certification criteria of the agency.

I was in the situation in the past where I wanted to dive doubles (and having done my training in doubles) at the Intro level of NACD. I could not dive doubles at Ginnie since NACD does not certify the intro level in doubles.

I did speak with management there about this, there was a big stink on line and in the realms of some agencies. But bottom line still remains: if your certification agency does not allow doubles, Ginnie will not allow you to dive doubles. If it does, you can dive doubles in Ginnie.

Interesting. I just looked at my cave 1 card and it says doubles in the comments field. would they then allow me to dive doubles at Ginnie?

Kevin

Interesting. I just looked at my cave 1 card and it says doubles in the comments field. would they then allow me to dive doubles at Ginnie?

Kevin

Yes, Ginnie permits Cave 1 divers to dive doubles

NACD Intro....no (unless accompanied with a discretionary apprentice)
NSS-CDS Basic cave...yes
NSS-CDS Intro....no (unless accompanied with a discretionary apprentice)

This has been debated endlessly both here and on other boards, the search engine is your friend :)

Safe diving,

Rich

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom