B-29 Bomber is Open Again !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been out on the site a few times since we were granted the permit. The weather has not been overly kind to us in April so there were some days we sat at the dock. Visibility is pushing 50 feet. The quaggas we do not view as an issue as they are not attaching to everything. Though they have become a fuzzy sweater on the propeller. Here is a link to a FOX10 news piece that we did. All of this video is current. Current depth is about 122 ffw with average dive depth running 105 ffw. This makes for great ambient light and a comfortably short decompression. My last dive was 60 minutes on the bottom.

Troy-Hayden-100.jpg

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/114...m-of-lake-mead

Cheers
Joel

The B-29 is getting a lot of media attention around the nation. The first part of the season has been great. Visibility has been good and due to the shallower depth there is plenty of ambient light reaching the site.

We have added RECREATIONAL EXPOSURE dives to the calendar to give access to the site to those who are NOT technical divers.

• Divers need to have Advanced Open Water AND Nitrox Certification AND a minimum of 50 Logged Dives

• Recreational Exposures are conducted on Single Tanks 100 cuft, and are limited to No-Stop EAN 32 bottom times.
  • Ascents are set up with surface supplied EAN 40 set up at 50 and 20 feet for safety stops.
  • 2 divers with 1 guide

We do not mix Recreational Exposure trips with Technical Exposure trips. That keeps it simple.

If you want to see the B-29 this season this is the time to reserve your space.

Visit www.divetheb29.com

Cheers

I dove the B29 with Joel and his crew this past weekend. It was a great trip! A very cool dive and Joel and crew were all great to dive and hang out with!

Also, to clarify something I saw earlier in this thread and that also was confusing to me at first: The Recreational dive excursion is 2 single tank dives - not 1 dive. So, two dives to the NDL for EAN32 (if you and your buddy can stay down that long) with a nice, comfortable SI in between.

The viz was not the greatest on Saturday, but I've definitely been in worse! And the water temps were really nice. Super warm on the surface and 65F at the bottom.

Thanks again, Joel!!

How is the diving shaping up for the season? or, is it?

It looks like they only have two trips planned this summer, and the June one is reserved for UHMS members. That leaves the August 29th dive.

I'm wondering what the depth is right now, I just saw an article saying it's at record lows. "In the past 14 years we've seen Lake Mead drop by 120 ft." Maybe we'll be able to hike to the bomber soon...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom