B-29 Bomber is Open Again !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JS1scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The B-29 Bomber in Lake Mead will be back open for guided dives coming this April. We have a limited # of dives available on it. STT/TDL has the only CUA permit for the site. Details of the dive and available dates are on the website www.divetheb29.com

We will be running out to the site from April - October. It's a great dive and is now only at 120 feet fresh water!

We require a minimum of Advanced Nitrox certification and a diver well dialed in on buoyancy. Details on the website.

B29-is-open-again.jpg

We look forward to you visiting the B-29!

Just curious, why Advanced Nitrox for only 120'? For that matter, why Nitrox at all?

The dive site takes a minimum of 35 minutes to tour properly plus a 5 minute traverse on lines to and from the site. One cannot get sufficient bottom time with the mooring traverses and ascents without using a nitrox mix without incurring a large decompression obligation. In addition because of the altitude of the dive we require all divers to complete the final safety / deco stop with 100% oxygen to minimize risk of decompression sickness.

Cheers
JDS

Glad to hear it's open again. But man, that dive just keeps getting shallower and shallower (not a bad thing at all, other than you know, the drought part).

It would be nice if the NPS would just quit being jackass and let anyone dive it. I can't grasp the concept of protecting a resource for future generations by withholding it from the current generation.

Treat it like the monitor...apply for permit, and go about your business. The quirky thing about tech divers is that they don't particularly like "guided/babysitter" dives...at least in my experience.

On another note, what does one charge for the privilege of diving this site with the only authorized operation to charter to it?

Never mind..I found it. $300 for 1 dive? Gotta love being the monopoly.

Glad to hear it's open again. But man, that dive just keeps getting shallower and shallower (not a bad thing at all), other than you know, the drought part).

It's all the water that goes to LA :)

Do you offer advanced nitrox (presumably with deco too) certification training? And top it off with a tour of the plane?

I ask because a single dive might not lure me there, but multiple dives+training could be a load of fun.

g2:
Do you offer advanced nitrox (presumably with deco too) certification training? And top it off with a tour of the plane?

I ask because a single dive might not lure me there, but multiple dives+training could be a load of fun.

Yes we do conduct all technical training levels through Trimix Instructor. .. However your training needs to be complete before getting on the dive site as it cannot be used for a training site. So we would get you certified a few days before on other sites -- email me and we can discuss joel@techdivinglimited.com

---------- Post added March 16th, 2015 at 06:58 PM ----------

phones and email have been slammed the last 24 hours --check out the dates and get on this cool dive this season !

B-29 trips are filling -- we have space available for the April Trips check em out.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom