Awesome retractor on Amazon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see them too. On eBay as well. My initial reaction was the same as yours, fishing for suckers. But there must be more to it. Amazon searches generally return multiple purchase options, so shopping around is inherent. Sometimes shipping costs vary by orders of magnitude. I'd really like to know what the hell these sellers are thinking.

Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: crazy high prices from sellers... what gives?
It'a simple typo mistake?. Happens all the time. Every now and then someone gets the decimal point in the wrong place. Due to large number of items the mistake goes un noticed for a long time.

One of my clients has over 11,000 books listed. There is no way they can manually sanity check everything.

But if you have a proper backend system it will automatically reprice your inventory on a daily basis. A common scheme is to reprice 1 penny below a set of existing offers.

Pricing mistake is plausible, but in this example, the pricing isn't even close for a typo. someone clearly typed in the additional 29 cents. I've seen this with another hobby where the sellers are consistently pricing significantly higher than a number of non Amazon stores.

Pricing mistake is plausible, but in this example, the pricing isn't even close for a typo. someone clearly typed in the additional 29 cents. I've seen this with another hobby where the sellers are consistently pricing significantly higher than a number of non Amazon stores.

Apparently many vendors are using bots to generate pricing.

I was more romantic to imagine special retracting features that just a mistake or a bot out-of-control ...

Apparently many vendors are using bots to generate pricing.
I have a book on Amazon for $24.95. I see sellers with used copies for over $600. I emailed one of them after reading your post and he said he didn't realize it was priced that way. he changed the price a few minutes later.

After this success, would you kindly email also to the retractor seller ?
:)

Trade them with four wheels ... instead of a boat you'll end to own a car.

Back
Top Bottom