Awesome Point Lobos Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smelly

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Today I went diving at Point Lobos for the first time. The diving was AWESOME!!! The visibility was around 40-50 feet. The rock structures in the middle reef were beautiful. The only thing better then the dive were the other divers. Everybody was more than willing to point us in the direction of all the best dive spots. The day almost ended early for us when on our second dive I realized that I had lost my mask during our 200 yard surface swim. Luckily, a very generous diver-sorry I'm forgetting your name but I know you are a member of this forum-offered to let me borrow his PINK(my favorite color!):no mask for the dive. Had he not let me borrow the mask I would have missed out on the best dive I've ever had. My luck got even better when another diver found my mask and returned it to me right before we were about to head home. I just wanted to thank the divers that helped me out today for making this epic dive possible.

I'm glad the pink backup mask of shame was able to save your dive :D.

Somehow, I think that anyone who calls themselves "Smelly" as a screen-name, isn't shamed very easily.

Smelly, it was great to have run into you today and I am glad Al was able to help save you the extra swimming.

Lobos was amazing today. The vis while not the best lobos can provide was very good and the lake like conditions were very enjoyable. Good day to pick to come to Lobos! Hope you enjoyed both your dives.

Smelly, it was great to have run into you today and I am glad Al was able to help save you the extra swimming.

Lobos was amazing today. The vis while not the best lobos can provide was very good and the lake like conditions were very enjoyable. Good day to pick to come to Lobos! Hope you enjoyed both your dives.

Ya thanks, I not sure which person you were. The only other place I have dove was breakwater.

Smelly,

Glad you got a chance to dive! I was the other diver in the 3 person team w/ bbianchi (Brandon) and yangnome (Al). This was also my first time diving Pt. Lobos as I was visiting from FL, and I had a great time as well. Thanks to Al & Brandon for making it a memorable experience and being gracious hosts!

John

I'm glad you had a good dive aswell. Did you get cold with your hood sticking out.

Yep I was Smilly's dive buddy that day. What a killer day, the vis was awesome and the dive was saved by a generous diver. It always blows me away how cool the dive community is.

Back
Top Bottom