Awesome cuttlefish in Okinawa, Japan.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it a broadclub cuttlefish? I had great fun in the Philippines filming them and also the flamboyant cuttlefish. The blue starfish is Linckia laevigata.

This one was about 18-20 inches. drbill, I'm not studied up enough on them to honestly tell you.

Their camouflage ability is just fantastic. Almost lost my mouthpiece the first time one copied the flash from my camera. Beautiful creatures, thanks for sharing.

God I miss those days! You may find out that if you do not follow them that they will often follow you around. I found that out by after watching for a while we went about our planned dive business. Seemed like everytime we turned around another reel portion...there he was watching. We would approach him and he would back up. We would leave and here he comes again, always watching us. It made for a very nice game of cat and mouse.
Where were you at, I am guessing Sunabe or Maeda Point. OBTW, I will be coming back this year for a vacation. Thanks for the video.

It says Sunabe in the video description :)

I always enjoyed the dives at Sunabe, I think it's underrated.

I plan to go back to Okinawa again for more diving too some time, though most likely not for another two years :(

Sorry to have missed the "Sunabe" in the video. I truly love Junk Yards but "Secrets South" is my favorite. Time to call R. Zimmer. and set up some divers together again.

If you make it out here before mid 2015 hit me up. I'm down for diving anytime. That one was just south of the water treatment plant. I haven't seen a bad spot on the sea wall yet.

Eric

Drive up the wall to the last corner. You will see the steps leading to the water. The best area on the sea wall.

Back
Top Bottom