Average depth finder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... Especially one where you will have mandatory "deep" stops. I.e. even diving with a GF lo of 45, in most of the cave dives that I do in the 90-100ft range, we have a mandatory 30ft stop. Isn't for very long, but it is still there. That is half pressure, and is not a stop I'm going to want to skip.]
Half pressure from 100ft/30m (4ATA) is 33ft/10m (2ATA);

Depending on your bottom time, Ratio Deco has at least a one minute stop, 30sec hold then 30sec to ascend, at every 10ft interval beginning at 50ft/15m (2.5 ATA) half max depth for the leading 10min tissue compartment.

Last edited:
Other than that, @boulderjohn can comment more on the specifics of decompression diving at altitude, and the RD profiles of the divers that suffered the unfortunate dive accident.
Since UTD believes that no changes need to be made for altitude, the profiles of all the DCS cases in our group were the same as they would have been at sea level.

As for the case that resulted in 3 months of paralysis for one diver and a fatality for the other, I cannot say. They were at a much higher altitude, and I think they did make some kind of adjustment to their plan, but I don't know what it was. I also know they were in the process of aborting the dive when it all happened, but I don't know the actual times and depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom