Average age of divers today???

What is your age I am looking for average age of divers today.

• 10yr to 19yr

Votes: 26 2.5%
  • 20yr to 29yr

Votes: 139 13.2%
  • 30yr to 39yr

Votes: 231 22.0%
  • 40yr to 49yr

Votes: 262 24.9%
  • 50yr to 59yr

Votes: 286 27.2%
  • 60yr to 69yr

Votes: 96 9.1%
  • 70yr+ You just cant quit diving.

Votes: 12 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take care because this vote will not be accurate, because most of the people who are using this site are mature and educated. Most of the youth whom are under 30 :). When they surf the internet, they are not spending there time searching for information about scuba diving and this stuff. They are searching for other stuff. but remember I am saying most and not all. you may find people in the age of 20 -30, but this doesn't reflect the correct image of the percentage of divers in that age.

Its my opinion that you can become addicted to compressed air, could be worse vices, right?

You'll find the average age of divers that read Scubaboard... :/

I can say that managing a busy dive center in the Caribbean that the average age of our customers is around the 27yrs. We train around 1500 student divers a year and the average age of those is probably a few years less.

Yes, but I think your age figures are skewed downward due to Utila being relatively cheap and a good place to party.

Take care because this vote will not be accurate, because most of the people who are using this site are mature and educated.

Educated, yes.....but I make up for getting old by never maturing :wink:

Reactions: Jax
Most kids today DO NOT want macho and demanding, that has been trained out of them by the feel-good-no-child-left-behind-no-wrong-answer-lets-not-keep-score-lest-the-losers-cry fluffy crap started just as I was getting out of my teens. It is a shame because if kids WERE challenged they would respond, and maybe we wouldn't have so many "emo" kid issues today. I liken it to Jurassic Park, kids want to hunt, they don't want to be fed.

Another part to this, is alot of the 18-28 year olds feel or better have been taught by this feel-good-no-child-left-behind-no-wrong-answer-lets-not-keep-score-lest-the-losers-cry fluffy crap that if they are paying for said OW course that the Instructor will pass them regardless of how they do. acutally heard a Diver in my AWO that said, "Well, I'm paying for it so He'll sign me off." Not sure if I was just raised differntly or if its the fact that I'm in the military but I was amazed that people feel that way. Since that incesdent I have talked to a number of teachers and have found thats the normal attidue the younger people guessing that it started with around the 28 years old out there. So with this mindset diving is just to hard, "I might fail at something, what will I do if I fail? I never had to deal with disapointment before."

I became certified at the age of 24 and was the youngest diver for years.... mostly dove with the over 40 and often times over 60 crowd... lots of doctors! They were all great!! Mostly men, too.. not a whole lot of women (repeat) divers. There were lots who would do the resort course because their husbands wanted them to do it... then they lost interest! Now I'm 51 and still loving it!!

23 .... just established my career, and my fiance and I are taking the course this upcoming week.

I was 20 once, but that was 41 years ago. Still think I am however. PETER PAN RULES!!!!
Steve

I'm with ya, pal, only I'm freakin' Wendy!!!!! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom