Avanti Quattro's and DGX spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwoco

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these two are compatible? Somehow, the Avanti Quattro's have proven to be hard to find straps for - the local dive shops seem to tell me their spring straps won't fit. I emailed DGX but they told me they couldn't confirm it because they aren't Mares retailers.

Also, I can probably pick up the Mares bungee straps (stretchy rubber straps, really) for around about the same price. Would that be more recommended?

The DGX straps will not fit the Mares. The Mares use a different post than the more standard larger post and the smaller Atomic post. I have the bungee straps on two sets of Mares fins, I like them a lot. If I were you I'd just order the Mares bungees.

---------- Post added February 14th, 2015 at 06:26 AM ----------

Correction, three sets of Mares fins. I tried to fit the XS Scuba straps a couple of years ago, neither of the XS Scuba post buckles fitted. I haven't seen the DGX buckles in person but am going to assume they are the same as the XS Scuba straps. Good luck.

+1 on the Mares rubber straps (the round/spear gun rubber style).

I have them on my Mares Power Plana and my Avanti Quattro + fins.

If I'm not mistaken.....the difference between the "Avanti Quattro" and the "Avanti Quattro +" is that the "+" version comes with the rubber "bungie stye" straps.

These: mares_bungee-strap.png

Supposedly the + version uses "new blend of hi-flex materials for greater efficiency" have no idea what that actually means but sounds super scientific, must be good. I love science stuff lol. I have the + version, I quite like them.

Get the Bungees. I found mine a little tight at first and had to add the extenders but after a few uses they were fine.

We have both the original and the + versions in the house. Honestly can't tell any significant difference between them.

I have been through a few sets of the mares bungee straps, i like them but they break down with the sun before too long, im pretty hard on them though they spend all day on the boat most days. My last set i have been spraying weekly with silicone spray from the hardware store and they are pushing 300dives with the same treatment. If you end up getting them the $3 can of spray is well worth it.

Last edited:
Another option might be one of the Innovative Scuba models - they're advertised to fit most fins. Leisure Pro sells all four models: innovative spring straps - Search Results for innovative spring straps - LeisurePro

Innovative also has a new Pro model with a keeper for the buckle connector. Haven't seen them anywhere yet.
INNOVATIVE SCUBA CONCEPTS | SPRING FIN STRAPS – PRO DIVER

This may not apply but I've put the quick release Mares straps (non-spring straps) on my Tusa Xpert Zoom fins so it's possible they have the same post. They were even a little harder to press on than the original Tusa straps so really locked on good, yet still swiveled. So maybe a Tusa specific spring strap could work also?

bungee straps on mine and the wifes, great easy to on and off, wife loves them as she struggled with the original strap buckles

I have a pair of XS Scuba spring straps on my Quattros... they fit just fine. If I remember correctly, I had to "whittle" a notch off the post... X-acto knife and 30 seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom