Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup - Start planning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup dive is set for February 20th, 2010. It's time to start getting your team, group and clubs together for this fun time.

Check in with Catalina Island Conservancy as the date approaches.

Hope to see a lot of familiar faces...and a lot of new ones!

Three others and myself will be there.We do international beach clean up in Az at Lake Pleasant. I am looking foward to diving at Catalina again and meeting other divers. What are some of the treasures that have been found in the past in the harbor of Avalon? In our lake I found a nice fishing pole, Rayban sunglasses,and lots of anchors ect...

Anything a boater might have aboard seems to end up in the harbor. Champagne bottles, glasses, bird cages, clothing items, an amazing number of cell phones and digital cameras, more bottles (check for octopi), boat parts, golf balls, Barbie, GI Joe, things that provably violate the TOS, cocktail glasses, rings, you get the idea. I'd say "everything but the kitchen sink," but there was a sink one year. Prizes are awarded in different categories, so you never know...

The Sea Creatures will be there at Middle steps! It will be my third year in a row and I will be donating some Reed's Rods again for the raffle!

Where else would I be that day (well, the Red Sea and the Philippines do come to mind)? Of course I'll once again be donating some of my DVDs for the raffle!

Back
Top Bottom