Automation of color, curve, gamma, level in photoshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pazzah

Reaction score

Hello all,

This is my first post. I've looked through an awful lot of earlier postings before making it.

Obviously, to get the best results from photoshop, you can do things by hand, playing with the levels, gammas, etc. I'm writing to see if there are any AUTOMATED fixes available.

Has anyone created or found filters specifically designed for the blue/green problem? Or automated action sets?

I'm looking for something I could download, or program in myself from a list of steps.

Something that I could run routinely. Something that I would use instead of a magenta lens filter, that would do a better job for photos taken at different depths.

Freeware is always preferable, but if there's a kick-ass plug-in or other download, please let me know.

BTW I use the Sony P8 and sometimes strobe

passah...Welcome to the board!

I don't know of any shortcuts or d/l that do what you're asking. I use PS Elements so there may be something for the full PS program.

BTW...you don't need to enlarge the print on this board!

Adobe has a site where people people post styles, actions and the like so you may find one there. I saw in a Scuba mag (can't remember which) that had an article where they mentioned a plug-in for CCing uw photos, but can't remember much beyond that.

Here's a link to the ADobe Exchange site . . . I believe you have to set up a free registration to access and download. I have got several cool actions and styles from there.

http://share.studio.adobe.com/Default.asp

It may be easier to make your own action setup from one of your images that is indicative of your typical shot and save that for future use.

I am not a user of photoshop (I use different software) but I think that there is a tool in there that is real quick and easy if there is a spot in the pic that you know the real color.

If you can sneak a white card into the frame it will give you a very easy was to get the correction right.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull right now.

Shift+Ctrl+L Often cures the problem (PS 6.0), but use it with care as sometimes it gets it horribly wrong :wink:

Back
Top Bottom