Automatically marking as read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ev780

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a quirk in the board software that is starting to annoy me and I need a little help/suggestions.

My usual routine is to open SB, click on new posts and let the board search. Sometimes 2 pages sometimes 20. If I don't get to them fast enough the board returns a "sorry nothing found" message when you try and change pages. Not a problem as I suspect that enough new messages come in to throw a wrench into the works. But it seems to mark everything as "read" and you research and all of the messages you didn't get too yet are gone.

I offer that the software should not mark anything as read unless it is indeed read or you use the Mark as Read command button.

Any advice as to changing my settings or can we adjust the board setting?

Just use the "Todays Posts" instead of "All New Posts". I only get the sorry message when I start reading the new posts and then leave the computer for an extended time. It's like the search times out. When that happens I use the "Todays Posts" to see them all.

Pretty much every forum will mark as read when you leave the forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom