Australia,Gold Coast diving in late October.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fredi

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be travelling from New York for a week to the Gold Coast,Surfers Paradise area at the end of this October.Will be staying at a hotel in the center of Surfers Paradise.Plan to do some diving at the same time.This is my first time there.Although I've visited Sydney and Melbourne,this will be my first time planning to dive at the Gold Coast.What thickness wetsuit to use in late October?Whats the climate like in the ocean and topside?Can anyone recomend a dive shop in the Surfers Paradise area?Your help are most appreciated.Thanks in advance.Fredi.

Hi Fredi,
The weather will be a little warmer by oct, however, the water may still be a little chilly. You def won't need anything thicker than 5mm.

However, there is very little diving to do around the Gold Coast. For quality dives, either head up to Brisbane and dive in and around Morten Bay, or down to Byron Bay to dive Julian Rocks. Both are around an hours drive from the coast.

The best shop down there would have to be Kirra Dive, just a little south of Surfers. Nice people there.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Ryan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom