Austin to Cancun flights super cheap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

austinspace

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Right now vivaaerobus.com is showing a few dates left in May for grand total of $135 round trip. I can't go ... but maybe you can. :)

Right now vivaaerobus.com is showing a few dates left in May for grand total of $135 round trip. I can't go ... but maybe you can. :)

I was just on Viva's site and it is an outstanding deal. What troubles me is that I didn't see any available seats after May.

One of the news outlets said Vivaerobus is pulling out of Austin due to a customer drop of 50%.

Its true - update is on vivaaerobus.com. Swine flu scare has killed off this great deal after May 31st.

Thinking of how I could make a quick trip May 24th to May 28th for two days of diving over in Cozumel, or maybe somewhere south of Playa.

Last edited:
VivaAerobus ceases Austin Puerto Vallarta and Austin Cancun services

Due to the unfortunate outbreak of the swine flu virus VivaAerobus has received an unprecedented amount of requests for cancellations from American passengers booked on its Austin Puerto Vallarta and Austin Cancun routes. Along with these, the number of passenger ÅÏo shows has increased substantially as well during the past weeks.

VivaAerobus informs the cease of operations of its Austin Cancun and Austin Puerto Vallarta services effective on May 31, 2009.

All our May flights will operate on schedule, the last flights will operate on Sunday May 31, 2009.

The airline understands passengers growing concerns and their desire to cancel their bookings. Unfortunately, due to the level of demand for people seeking refunds, the level of no shows and the dramatically reduced level of demand for future travel, VivaAerobus has decided to cancel these routes.

The airline recognises that this decision will inconvenience a number of passengers who still intended to use its services this summer. However, this number is significantly less than the number of passengers who have been seeking a refund.

All of this when swine flu is no more dangerous than regular flu

Thank you o great media centers of america

All of this when swine flu is no more dangerous than regular flu

Thank you o great media centers of america

Actually its not the media,

You want to blame someone its is the WHO (World Health Organization) and the CDC (Center for disease) Atlanta who activated and announced the emergency operations centers globally for taking action for a pandemic.

Just want you to have ALL the facts. We report........YOU decide............

every news artical that was being posted or shown

swine flu up to X people
more people die
pandemic
more swine flu reported
new cases in new york
new cases here
more cases reported now in this locaiton, this many people dead
over and over and over

one thing to report, one thing to hammer it into the ground every 10 minutes, what worries me is the boy who cried wolf, how do we know when something is a real threat.

I'm not blaiming the WHO or CDC, yea they may have over reacted but they are not the media that saturated us with the reports, well I use the word us loosely I try to avoid TV

every news artical that was being posted or shown

swine flu up to X people
more people die
pandemic
more swine flu reported
new cases in new york
new cases here
more cases reported now in this locaiton, this many people dead
over and over and over

one thing to report, one thing to hammer it into the ground every 10 minutes, what worries me is the boy who cried wolf, how do we know when something is a real threat.

I'm not blaiming the WHO or CDC, yea they may have over reacted but they are not the media that saturated us with the reports, well I use the word us loosely I try to avoid TV

This is just my personal opinion, on a blog and not representative of any media outlet I may work for.

So the media is to blame in your opinion when the health organizations are putting out press releases with this information constantly about the items you describe above?

And the media should not inform the public of this information from the emergency operation centers of our health organizations? or the WHO?

I get it, so we are the bad guys crying wolf....we are just reporting the flood of releases by the health organizations.......I would have to say on this matter for some reason your logic is upside down.......?

but I get it, the media gets blamed for most things, so, why not this too......an easy target I guess............

Why not ask the Health organizations to stop spreading the word on a Pandemic that does not seem to exist? Stop the press releases with this information that is flooding the public. Crying wolf as you said. And why activate the Emergency Operations Center in Atlanta? That would be to stop the issue at the source. Of course, that is a solution to your accurate assesment of the flood of information from those sources.

I am just glad the average persons see's through the government health organizations info and realizes the truth........like yourself.......at least that is how I see it too

What if we are wrong........................?

Did the health organizations and the media act responsibly?

:shakehead:

yeppers, I blame the media for most of our problems of masses of blind americans following like sheep on things that run accross the television.

I'm refering more to the fox's and cnn's of the world that spread propaganda :)

yep, call me crazy i'm used to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom