Austin Happy Hour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee - Thanks for posting pics. It IS good to be able to connect faces to board names/real names. Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun. I think we need to plan a Texas wide event one weekend when it's warmer (as Dee mentioned).

I don't have a problem with going back to Lake Travis -- just not on Memorial Day weekend! Been there, done that...

Here's a thought I've been kicking around. How about renting a party or pontoon boat/dive platform on Travis sometime this summer (not memorial day weekend).

ScubaTexan:
I don't have a problem with going back to Lake Travis -- just not on Memorial Day weekend! Been there, done that...

:lol: worse than diving cattleboats at crowded site. Bumping into groups on bottom and crowded surface on top.
I live minutes away from Travis, and I don't go there on memorial day weekend anymore either :)

But is nice to dive the flats off of WP on the tues or wed after and pick up the sunglasses and stuff.:wink:

shaggie:
Here's a thought I've been kicking around. How about renting a party or pontoon boat/dive platform on Travis sometime this summer (not memorial day weekend).

Someone was recently telling me that there is somewhere in Travis that you get to by boat and there is a sunken boat and a GIANT catfish lives in it. He said you can see this huge cat almost every time you go there. Anyone else been there?

shaggie:

Sounds great! How about the Weekend of May 20? It's before Memorial day weekend and after Mother's Day weekend. We could take over one of the parks for food and camping. My choices would be Mansfield or Pace Bend. Can't get a boat in at Windy Point.

Mack

Mack Diver:
Sounds great! How about the Weekend of May 20? It's before Memorial day weekend and after Mother's Day weekend. We could take over one of the parks for food and camping. My choices would be Mansfield or Pace Bend. Can't get a boat in at Windy Point.

Mack

That would be OK by me, but the water might still be a little chilly. What's the diving like around Pace Bend?

Shore diving there is mostly a hunt for sunglasses, watches, etc dropped by the swimmers. The only reason I mentioned it is for the ample camping space and boat access.

Mack

doh! - May 20th Chrispete and me will be in Roatan. Well, y'all have a good time! I know we will be!:scubadive

Back
Top Bottom