Aussie Diving... March 1st to 15th....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
well... it seems alot of aussies were at South West Rocks this week so what were the others up to???

and pics... you know we need pics :bounce2:

Sorry - no pics, but just got back from a deep training dive. No sharks, pineapple fish or turles at 50+ metres, but plenty of nice sponges and black coral. Pity I was so engrossed dealling with assorted gear problems to pay attention to the surrounds.. I miss diving at fishrock already!

Cheers,
Rohan.

We tried... went to Bare to meet our normal group and didn't bother getting wet..

Well I am back out diving again tomorrow. Some shore dives planned and not sure where. A bit skint after Fish Rock as well as flights + Oztek tickets so avoiding boat dives for the next few weeks - though pay day soon :)

Well the diving conditions weren't that super with 2 to 3 metre visibility so I decided to try some super-macro photography. I put my Kenko 1.4X teleconverter between my Canon 100 macro and the camera and added a Canon 500D close-up lens to the end as an experiment to see how this combination would work. I was very happy with the results and can see me using this combination again. Here's a few of my favourites from the two dives we did:

Hypselodoris bullocki gills:
486529987_MVi9G-M.jpg

A tiny blenny less than 20mm long (the hole he's in would be less than 5mm in diameter):
486482640_hf4jH-M.jpg

Here's a side on shot where I used a Woody's dioptre to get a little closer:
486482645_CNZUV-M.jpg

Inquisitive Squirrelfish:
486529988_46Mrs-L.jpg

Isopod on a juvenile Tiger Cardinalfish approximately 40mm long:
486500516_ftcAE-M.jpg

Christmas Tree Worm:
486482644_36MAW-M.jpg

Anemonefish portrait:
486482660_cJoeT-L.jpg

The other end of a Hypselodoris bullocki:
486529986_VSmyB-L.jpg

Wow Gudge...I am speechless and that takes a lot!

Great shots Gudge - as always!

Can I buy your camera?

Better yet - have you considered stepping up a notch with your camera set up to something like, oh, an Oly SP350? By pure coincidence I have one of these lying around and would be quite happy to swap it for your current set up. I would even pay for postage. :D

Cheers,
Rohan.

Gudge...I would settle for a picture of your camera setup:rofl3:

I do rather like this one of fish with the fish in the jellyfish:rofl3:

Attachments

• DSC08076 (Large).JPG
    DSC08076 (Large).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 60
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom