Aussie diving April 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might be time for some +5/+10 wet diopter for you BoP!!!

hey I can barely spell fstop! diopter sounds even more complex:fear:

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 02:31 PM ----------

yep we call that fish an EASTERN FROGMOUTH.. must say I think that sounds nicer than Toadfish :)

Oh yeah, I forgot the "frogmouth" version of the common name. I like it best :)

Wasn't going to dive today, but turns out since I quasi-retired I'm not so great at being a responsible grown-up :bounce2:

Swam with dolphins before we got to the site, then had a lovely little putter around a muck site. Didn't see too much out of the ordinary, but had a great time. Did find a teensy little nudi I'm not sure I've seen before, so waiting for an ID on him before getting overly excited.

Definitely NO diving for me tomorrow...
APR13_144_zps448988b7.jpg

[video]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/alcina/media/2013%20-%20Ningaloo%20Reef/dolphins1604013_zpsbafd7942.mp4.html[/video]

Sorry, have no idea how to embed the video - nothing I've tried works :(

:lol: people used to ask what I wanted to be when I grew up... I decided never to grow up! Good on ya alcina and we got to enjoy the dolphins too:happywave:

Gary got back to me about my little nudi guy and turns out he is indeed an undescribed Thecacera sp - yippeee! And another yippeee, this image will also be included in the Australia/New Zealand nudibranch app update - Android platform coming soon, Apple already out (I think I have two in there now LOL)
APR13_143_zps1e5ac61e.jpg

Wow spectacular creature and as usual your picture does it justice:) Congrats :flowers:

I did 2 dives today, weather being so nice I said to myself !@#$ it!
I am having a day off!

Heres some results-

DSC_1374

8657961196_d03b127836_z.jpg

DSC_1376 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1375 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1380 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1364 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1316 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1311 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1298 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1327 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

DSC_1326 by ozzydamo, on Flickr

Saw a white tip reefie and a whoppa of a white spot shovel nose shark......great days divin all alone, the best way! the only way to shoot!!!

Wow I love the shots. I particularly like the detail of the scales on the first shot. Nothing like a day off when you get to go diving:dancingsnoopy:

unfortunately for me... I had to work:( They are warning dangerous surf and 7M swell this weekend:crying: guess I will be staying dry:crying2: except for my tears of course:crying2:

---------- Post added April 18th, 2013 at 07:35 PM ----------

Alcina you may find this shot interesting. Searcaigh is a bit of a Nudi nut or Nudibranch expert whichever way you want to look at it.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/su...v-dive-shop-end-universe-349.html#post6716125

Had a pretty damn fine snorkel yesterday arvo off North Cottesloe beach - vis not atrocious but wouldn't have been great for photos - saw a lot of fish activity - more than I've ever seen there before - and an eel-tailed catfish, several damsels, 2 Port Jacksons, an orange nudi, tiny starfish(es) crawling about and the resident (small dog-sized) cuttlefish under its usual ledge. Plus a couple of small crayfish within 20 m of shore. Heaps of tailor and some friendly blowies that I could stroke with the tip of my finger. People who don't snorkel are missing out!

Pity the swell's coming up this weekend. Oh well, will have to drink beer instead.

Sounds like a great snorkel :) I have rediscovered snorkeling in the past couple of years and regret the years I was "too busy" to get out.

Looks like we're going to have great weather in the morning before the wind comes in to stay later in the afternoon so a friend and I are heading out earlyish for a couple of dives. Cross fingers it's good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom