Aurora Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not 100% sure I can make it but will see if I can. Can you post the details or PM them to me? I'll know Friday if I can make it for sure. Thanks for the invite!
SW, I'm not sure if you were planning on NE with Reddiver970, or Aurora. I will be at Aurora starting around 10am on Sat the 28th. I might get a dive in early and then set up a tent, lawn chairs and the grill. If you make it there, you are welcome to join the festivities and do some dives.

Plans still up in the air may go to Aurora friday. Kent, the flooding in Nebraska has turned my favorite spot into tea colored water, poor vis right now

SW, I'm not sure if you were planning on NE with Reddiver970, or Aurora. I will be at Aurora starting around 10am on Sat the 28th. I might get a dive in early and then set up a tent, lawn chairs and the grill. If you make it there, you are welcome to join the festivities and do some dives.

Actually was hoping to join you guys up in Aurora this weekend. Doesn't look like the weather wants to be too spectacular does it? Anything I can bring to add to?

Thanks again Dd for putting this together. Had a great time. Had a good laugh looking at my profile for the first dive. Second dive was completely different. Cold water really kicked my butt first time around. Quite happy with the second dive though. I showed 50 degrees for the coldest. Wondering if your computers agreed? I also hit 36' meaning I was sitting on the bottom first dive!! Doh.

We were there Friday and had the place to ourselves. Yeah, the water was high -- 36' at the tail of the airplane.

I had 50-52F at the surface, 49F coldest at the airplane. No thermocline. 8ft+ vis, which I think of as pretty good for Aurora res.

Thanks to Bill for getting me off my butt and out for a couple of good dives!

Thanks again Dd for putting this together. Had a great time. Had a good laugh looking at my profile for the first dive. Second dive was completely different. Cold water really kicked my butt first time around. Quite happy with the second dive though. I showed 50 degrees for the coldest. Wondering if your computers agreed? I also hit 36' meaning I was sitting on the bottom first dive!! Doh.

Yes, that was a fun day on Saturday! I enjoyed our dives together. Vis was truly suprisingly good.
I had 52 degrees at the airplane. When we swam back to the beach following the contour of the bottom, I thought that there was a noticeable tempurature increase as we got closer to shore. There definitely isn't an established thermocline yet with air temps being in the 40s at night and barely out of the 50s during the day. That will change soon though.
That said, we sure had a beautiful day for diving and grilling burgers and brats!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom