Aurora Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone dove it yet this year? If so, how was it?

Hoping to get up there in June with my LDS. They're doing classes/fun dives. Never been so don't want to do it on my own the first time. Figure I'll let them show me around so I can hit it a few more times throughout the summer. Doesn't help you out though, sorry about that. :)

The scuba beach is open, but I haven't dove it yet this year either. I just called the ranger and he said it's about 50F, which is what I expected.

Wanna go? Say the word. My schedule is somewhat flexible (any day but Wednesdays).

glenn

Bill, weather permitting, I'm meeting around a dozen former CSU AOW students and a few friends for dives and a beach party on May 28th, which is next Saturday. You, Matt and I could drive together.

Kent, I am off thurs. and fri., I may head to Nebraska instead. I don't know the conditions there as they have had some minor flooding. At it's worst it is usually quite a bit better than Aurora and doesn't take much longer from Fort Collins.
Glenn, I will let you know either way if you are interested.
I have also heard Lake McConaughey is almost full, in the early eighties when it was full and clear it was a lot of fun, something to think about this summer!

Scubawulf, your welcome to meet up with us. There is not much to Aurora exept low vis and crawdads, but any diving still beats no diving.

Well, most of the group has never seen the plane, so Aurora Res is still the plan. I've seen 20 feet vis there early in the year, though it should suck pretty badly now, with all the rain.
I'm driving up to North Dakota and then eventually over to Vancouver Island in a couple of weeks. I might plan on stopping by Bridgeport on the way up to N.D. If it's flooded, please let me know! We can certainly plan on McConaughey this summer.

Kent, I am off thurs. and fri., I may head to Nebraska instead. I don't know the conditions there as they have had some minor flooding. At it's worst it is usually quite a bit better than Aurora and doesn't take much longer from Fort Collins.
Glenn, I will let you know either way if you are interested.
I have also heard Lake McConaughey is almost full, in the early eighties when it was full and clear it was a lot of fun, something to think about this summer!

My brother and I dove McConaughey July of last year as it was starting to fill up again. We wanted to dive the site of old town of Lemoyne, NE thats under about 50'-60' of water in the north central portion of the lake but we ran into a big problem. Due to all the years of the lake being low all the trees and other muck that was on the exposed beaches is now in the water. Visibility was 3' at best and as the wind picked up above it got to the point my brother and I had to hold on to each other to keep from being seperated because anything futher then arms reach was out of view. I really hope the vis has cleared up since then. If you do make it out that way let me know because I want to try to find that town sometime! BTW if you like deep dives there is a old highway bridge at 100' in the south central portion of the late.

My brother and I are planning on going out to Aurora soon to finish our drysuit/nitrox but in between then I'm willing to go if anyones free on Tuesdays.

Yeah I checked out Big Mac last year vis was pretty bad, hopefully this year it will settle down. Lake Pactola in the black hills has decent vis if you dive off the dam. I wouldn't mind trying that again this summer to.

Scubawulf, your welcome to meet up with us. There is not much to Aurora exept low vis and crawdads, but any diving still beats no diving.

Not 100% sure I can make it but will see if I can. Can you post the details or PM them to me? I'll know Friday if I can make it for sure. Thanks for the invite!

Back
Top Bottom