Auditions this WE for "Tropical Thunder"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
They just had it on the news that they are looking for extras for a movie to be filmed on Kauai called "Tropical Thunder". They are not saying who, but there is a big star in the movie. So, if you want to audition you should wear a brown or black T-shirt. They also said this/these is a/are paying role/s.

But I did find some details :D

A large number of Kaua‘i locals will end up on the silver screen as well. The studio will hold an open casting call for extras at ResortQuest Kauai Beach at Makaiwa this weekend. (See side bar.) Extras casting director DeeDee Rickets said she’ll be looking for upwards of 500 Kaua‘i residents to play Vietnamese villagers.

The film, starring Hollywood heavyweights Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise will be the first major studio production shot on Kaua‘i in more than five years

cool:thumbs_up:

"Kaua‘i residents to play Vietnamese villagers."
Now that would have to be some good acting as well as make up work.

Sure! If she thinks hawaiians look like Vietnamese villagers I have a pretty good chance too....

So are you guys still going to talk to us after you're famous?

Back
Top Bottom