ATX200 vs Aqualung Legend LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
Amphibious:
Mares hasn't kept up. remember way back in the day when Dacor was still good kit?

An opinion that I respect while disagreing. :D

As to which: Dacor, Mares or both?

I haven't bought from either in recent years. However, I still have Mares MR12III regs that I have had since 1986. They are still working just fine.

I just elected to go with Legend LX Supremes because I wanted something adjustable, and I wanted something that was better suited for high pressure tanks.

ScubaDadMiami:
As to which: Dacor, Mares or both?

I haven't bought from either in recent years. However, I still have Mares MR12III regs that I have had since 1986. They are still working just fine.

I just elected to go with Legend LX Supremes because I wanted something adjustable, and I wanted something that was better suited for high pressure tanks.
That Mares makes crap.

aquaoren:
An opinion that I respect while disagreing. :D

understood :D

very curious as to the diving around Guelph? I used to didve a lot on the ottawa area and St.Clair River...

wheezy:
IMHO... In My honest Opinion

Actually, IMHO is "In My Humble Opinion"

As for the choice of ATX200 vs Legend, they're both great! And they are pretty similar anyway, with most of the features being identical.
Buy whichever looks nicer to you, or on whichever you can get a better deal on.
For single tank diving, I think either of these would route slightly better than the DS4 first stage.

I personally have 3 Atomic B1's, 1 Apeks ATX200, 1 Apeks US4 first stage, 1 Scubapro S600/MK20, and I think they're all very nice regulators.
Atomics are my favorites, both in terms of performance and ease of service, (and they also look cool too) but I can see someone preferring any of the others.

I have been using both regs for a number of years and find their performance to be almost identical. I find they both work very well in deep (below 200 feet) as well as cold water. I am a northeast diver, so I dive in both cold and Caribbean waters. As you probably know, Aqualung bought the Apex and copied the design for their Legend LX Supreme. Take your pick and have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom