ATX200 vs Aqualung Legend LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't go wrong with either, Apeks are great, Aqualung are great. FWIW, I sold an ATX50 setup to buy the LX Supreme.

It's all about being able to find parts anywhere in the world. Apeks are GREAT regs, and becoming more popular, but I was stuck using a CHEAP rental reg while on vacation. (The diaphram was destroyed in my ATX50 upon arrival, still not sure how it happened)

If I had a scubapro or aqualung reg at the time they would have had the part in stock. I can tell you it really sucks to have a dive trip somewhat ruined by a $6 part. We had several deep dives that were called off due to the rental reg and me simply not trusting it 100%.

Good luck with your purchase.

I have the ATX200 and DS4. Both are great. If you look at the service manual you'll see they are basically identical. The routing on the DS4 is better if you go technical later. If I had to do it over again I'd save the money and just take the DS4.

I can't comment on the temperature issue. However, I have had my LX Supremes down to 220 feet, and they breathe like a charm.

I have both a Black Pearl and an ATX50, The black pearl is an ATX200 only a pretty black chrome color. I love them both. The major difference is the first stage. The ATX50 is circular and it swivels. The ATX200 is more T shaped and does not swivel. My ATX50 breathes a tiny bit wet when I am practically upside down peering in holes on walls. My ATX200 breathes well even upside down. Both have a + / - setting that you can turn to so they don't free flow. They both did well this winter in the 37 degree water. I currently use my AXT50 as my pony reg, but when I go to Bonaire in July I will be using it as my primary. I am sure which ever one you decide on you will be very happy. On another note, when John Bennett did his dive to 1000 feet he was using an APEKS. :wink:

Dapher:
I have both a Black Pearl and an ATX50, The black pearl is an ATX200 only a pretty black chrome color. I love them both. The major difference is the first stage. The ATX50 is circular and it swivels. The ATX200 is more T shaped and does not swivel. My ATX50 breathes a tiny bit wet when I am practically upside down peering in holes on walls. My ATX200 breathes well even upside down. Both have a + / - setting that you can turn to so they don't free flow. They both did well this winter in the 37 degree water. I currently use my AXT50 as my pony reg, but when I go to Bonaire in July I will be using it as my primary. I am sure which ever one you decide on you will be very happy. On another note, when John Bennett did his dive to 1000 feet he was using an APEKS. :wink:
And Ellyatt was using a Mares Abyss :wink:
http://www.mares.com/NS_NewsView.asp?news=55

IMHO... In My honest Opinion
OTOH... On the other hand

there are so many of these now a days. I think I remember a thread that was just a huge list of all of them. OF COURSE, some ppl (people) got carried away.

LOL...
ROFLMAO

on and on... you get the idea

tjsmith1979:
What does IMHO mean ?? Sorry not up to date with the jargon

tjsmith1979:
Yes but I would like to get this serviced wherever I go in the world and Aqualung is one of the best for that simply reason.
Yes but where ever you'll be able to fix an Aqualung, mostlikely you'll be able to fix a Mares too. Mares isn't much smaller.
Have you considered Scubapro? They can be fixed everywhere as well. :D

Back
Top Bottom