ATX200 vs Aqualung Legend LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
Yes but where ever you'll be able to fix an Aqualung, mostlikely you'll be able to fix a Mares too. Mares isn't much smaller.
Have you considered Scubapro? They can be fixed everywhere as well. :D

Yes I never looked at it that way... I dont know how good the MK25/S600 are ? I have been seeing alot of people sell these recently but I keep seeing that these are no good for cold water diving and that they are piston regs, which I have been told to keep away from.

I do love the look of the Mares Metal Regs... Like the 05 Abyss and Proton Ice but I am just not 100% sure what they are like to breathe from and how they would preform with cold water diving ??

Just buy the LX supreme and be done with worrying about it.. besides it must be good for cold water, it's got a snowflake on it!!! :eyebrow: :D

tjsmith1979:
Yes I never looked at it that way... I dont know how good the MK25/S600 are ? I have been seeing alot of people sell these recently but I keep seeing that these are no good for cold water diving and that they are piston regs, which I have been told to keep away from.

I do love the look of the Mares Metal Regs... Like the 05 Abyss and Proton Ice but I am just not 100% sure what they are like to breathe from and how they would preform with cold water diving ??

Seriously though it really is a great cold water reg.... parts are cheap and easy to find, great customer service, aaannnnd... well, that's what I dive.

I dive the ATX 200 and have had it down to the low 40's many times (temp) and it does great. Both outstanding regs you're asking about. It will probably come down to price tag in the end.

tjsmith1979:

Dude, honestly. You can't expect a message board to make a decision for you.
I told you once that you should meet more local diver and ask them directly for recommendations and suggestions. I'd still recommend doing it and not rely completely on the words of someone from the internet that you have no idea about their qualification when getting their recommendations and don't rely on the words of your instructor and LDS as they may have their own agendas sometimes. For that matter, don't rely on my words either.
One thing I've already noticed though from all your posts is that you don't really know what you want. Once you've decided what kind of diving you want to do, it will get much easier to suggest something.
I've previously offered you to try out my Halcyon BP/Wing. At the same occasion, you could have tried my Mares Abyss and an Apeks DS4/ATX50. :wink:

why are you even comparing low end over priced MAres C R A P to a fine engineering like the Aqualung or the Apeks?? sweet jesus....

you can't go wrong with either the Aqualung or Apeks regs. both are solid, simple, and great breathers. I'll pass on the Scubapro as I'm not a fan of piston regs.

Amphibious:
why are you even comparing low end over priced MAres C R A P to a fine engineering like the Aqualung or the Apeks?? sweet jesus....

you can't go wrong with either the Aqualung or Apeks regs. both are solid, simple, and great breathers. I'll pass on the Scubapro as I'm not a fan of piston regs.
Hehe, Mares was making high end regs when Apeks regs were just plain dangerous to go into the water. Fine engineering my ***. :D
Scubapro makes not only piston regs. :wink:

Mares hasn't kept up. remember way back in the day when Dacor was still good kit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom