ATX200 first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phoenix

Club Web Master
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
does anyone diving doubles/dir config find a problem with the position of the ports on the ATX200 first stage? (not sure its part number) I was just curious as i was considering buying two, but i heard the port locations making routing properly a pain, this however was by someone not used to diving doubles/dir config and so he may not of been trying to route them correctly anyway, doubt he had a long hose/etc

any input great

thanks

Phoenix once bubbled...
does anyone diving doubles/dir config find a problem with the position of the ports on the ATX200 first stage? (not sure its part number) I was just curious as i was considering buying two, but i heard the port locations making routing properly a pain, this however was by someone not used to diving doubles/dir config and so he may not of been trying to route them correctly anyway, doubt he had a long hose/etc

any input great

thanks

They seem to work great to me. Thats the reason i went with the ATX200 was due to the hose routing. I set mine up with the diaphram ends facing in.

With ATX 200's for doubles. Both of my caps point the same way so I can easily put them on my single 95's using a y valve, also. The hoses point straight down the way they should. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that is is a really good configuration.

I have a set kicking around from last year when I did some doubles diving - they're definitely being held onto for my own set of doubles. The hose routing is great when you put them sideways and face the diaphragms in - similar to the pictures of the TX100 doubles config on the WKPP equipment pages, but much more compact.

If price is not a consideration, go for it. Lots of people still use the trusty old DS4s though, however these have issues on doubled Catalina AL80s because of the very short tank neck. Come to think of it the ATX200 probably would have the same problems on these tanks.

excellent thanks for your input
ill be going for dual ATX200 setup and i will be blocking in the non standard port and using the alternate, is this the general consensus?

Phoenix once bubbled...
excellent thanks for your input
ill be going for dual ATX200 setup and i will be blocking in the non standard port and using the alternate, is this the general consensus?

Well...... On my setup, the right post has the long hose and the wing inflator hose which use the standard ports. The non standard port is blocked.

The left post has my back up reg, drysuit hose and spg. Being that i dont use argon or a seperate drysuit inflation system i have to use the non-standard port which has never caused me a problem.

on my set up , both large ports are used. the long hose and back up reg utilize the big ports. If you get an extra set of hoses, the scenario often cited when discounting the use of the large ports(running around looking for a replacement hose on a boat 20 miles out to sea,etc...) will never occur.:)

I've looked at the ATX200 and was thinking of buying a 1st and 2nd stage for use in single tank diving.

I was wondering how I should use it for single tank diving? Should I use a downsizer to allow me to use my standard size long hose in the larger 1/8" port? and my back up short hose reg in the normal size port? or is there another way?

Thanks for any pointers you can give.

=-)

I'm using 2 ATX200's on my doubles as well. I use the 1/2" port on both. Both regs are rotated so that they're facing the right. I've got my 7' hose and wing inflator hose off the right post, and backup reg, drysuit inflator, and spg off the left. Works great.

When I switch them over to a single tank, I keep the long hose where it is, and I swap the backup over to a standard sized hose that I have. Both of these come of the right. Both inflator hoses and my spg come off the left. I've also had no problems with that setup either.

I also picked up 2 1/2" plugs so just in case I find myself stuck somewhere with only a standard size hose, I can just stick the plugs in and go.

So Doof, are you using a standard size hose on the 1/2" port with a down sizer or are you using 1/2" hoses?

Trying to figure out if I should buy a new hose or just a small metal converter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom