Attention Thailand dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonJonboo

Registered
Reaction score
Attention dive operator's in Thailand:
I suggest ALL of you refrain from attacking former clientèle on SCUBABOARD that have or shall post negative comments pertaining to poor customer service. Your back alley attitudes will be destruction of Thailand dive business, I am quite certain business is getting slower, can't blame that on America & Bush anymore.
You bloke's have become your own worst enemy's, perhaps most of you only know this style of business, I suggest going to some nice dive places and experiencing how TRUE professional dive businesses operate, examples: Hawaiian Islands, Cozumel, Key West, numerous Caribbean island's.

When you screw your customer's over by twisting them for more money and not giving them what they pay for it PISSES them off and they tell other's, you then watch your business go down the crapper.
NO WORRIES! you might start worrying?

Attention dive operator's in Thailand:
I suggest ALL of you refrain from attacking former clientèle on SCUBABOARD that have or shall post negative comments pertaining to poor customer service. Your back alley attitudes will be destruction of Thailand dive business, I am quite certain business is getting slower, can't blame that on America & Bush anymore.
You bloke's have become your own worst enemy's, perhaps most of you only know this style of business, I suggest going to some nice dive places and experiencing how TRUE professional dive businesses operate, examples: Hawaiian Islands, Cozumel, Key West, numerous Caribbean island's.

When you screw your customer's over by twisting them for more money and not giving them what they pay for it PISSES them off and they tell other's, you then watch your business go down the crapper.
NO WORRIES! you might start worrying?

Problem is they never seem to learn and you just see all the mutual back slapping as is evident on these forums.
As you suggest in some cases I feel the thai dive industry is quite insular and through lack of varied experience in other locations, some genuinely feel that they are providing good service, but unfortunately quite often that is anything but the case.

But we are only the customer. what do we know about what the customer wants.

Some have had very good experiences and SBers are not attacked as you write. It is rather those bent on a vengeance who are debated rather than attacked IMO. I personally prefer the larger boats and Thai food over the Caribbean and Florida experiences I've had. Although I love Florida diving, the whole setting on Thai boats is more enjoyable. No dig on the FL operators, just a different set up. Things tend to be less rushed as well. The quality of senior instructors is impressive with the dive operators I choose to associate with on a regular basis. I have been treated very well as an independent instructor when diving on Similan's liveaboards, Phuket, Samui, Koh Tao and especially Pattaya. To paint everything in one stroke is a misrepresentation and injustice. Sorry to hear your bad experiences and good for you for venting them. What's with the anit-American feeling. I have not felt this at all. Everyone has an opinion, just felt it worth sharing mine.

Some have had very good experiences and SBers are not attacked as you write. It is rather those bent on a vengeance who are debated rather than attacked IMO. I personally prefer the larger boats and Thai food over the Caribbean and Florida experiences I have had. Although I love Florida diving, the whole setting on Thai boats is more enjoyable. No dig on the FL operators, just a different set up. Things tend to be less rushed as well. The quality of senior instructors is impressive with the dive operators I choose to associate with on a regular basis. I have been treated very well as an independent instructor when diving on Similan's liveaboards, Samui, Koh Tao and especially Pattaya. To paint everything in one stroke is a misrepresentation and injustice. Sorry to hear your bad experiences and good for you for venting them. Everyone has an opinion, just felt it worth sharing mine.

The word "attacked" can be used literally or in reference, in this case I meant "character assassination attack" and when one post negative comments about a certain dive operator's poor service etc. His mate's rally together and verbally spew insults at the OP. If you seriously have not witnessed this in past years, are you that new to this forum??

Nobody can say I am new to this forum, that is for sure. Who set up the Crack Head thread; must admit that was fun to read. Personal attacks I agree are unwarranted, but I stand by my previous post. Good luck and safe diving wherever you may be fortunate enough to dive.

Nobody can say I am new to this forum, that is for sure. Who set up the Crack Head thread; must admit that was fun to read. Personal attacks I agree are unwarranted, but I stand by my previous post. Good luck and safe diving wherever you may be fortunate enough to dive.

I have not checked out this forum in a few years, been to busy, I am now on a job assignment in Germany and have all day to be bored (I guess I could take a stroll in the cold rain) I saw your crack head thread (I like it) and noticed several post by certain individuals that brought back some sour memories. I hope this thread is not taken out of context by you or anyone, but, to the one's that it does pertain to I hope they get a rash.:mooner:

Did you have any good experiences diving Thailand? I am not doubting you had some bad experiences.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience diving with whoever it was in Thailand, but can I suggest you name names rather than make comments like "Dive Operators in Thailand" which pretty much drags the whole of Thailand into disrepute. If you have a problem with certain individuals or dive operators then please make it clear who they are so that other divers can avoid them if they wish, especially if they use the tactics that you're suggesting, Thailand would be better off without them. .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom