Attention Tampa Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Earlier today, I had to drive to Tampa to drop off some mortgage paperwork. (Long story, don't ask) I shot down to Clearwater to visit some dive shops while I was there. Passing over the bridge on the bay and seeing how clear the water was made me very envious! How is the inshore diving there? Anything nearby? Accessible from shore worth diving? Not requiring a dive boat or charter? Anybody want to plan a future dive trip with me there?

Nothing for shore/beach diving here...south to Venice is some sharks tooth diving and the Sugar Barge in Bradenton/Sarasota.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
If I were just wanting to chat, rant or insult, I'd do it in the main forum.

alright, dude, dont' have a small goat

give a guy an apron and a funny hat and it goes to his head

:crafty:

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Earlier today, I had to drive to Tampa to drop off some mortgage paperwork. (Long story, don't ask) I shot down to Clearwater to visit some dive shops while I was there. Passing over the bridge on the bay and seeing how clear the water was made me very envious! How is the inshore diving there? Anything nearby? Accessible from shore worth diving? Not requiring a dive boat or charter? Anybody want to plan a future dive trip with me there?

Hey Ken, I'm pretty sure at "MEGA-DIVE 05", I described the plight here in this area with much detail as to the diving here.(Basically non-existant except for silty caves. :shakehead )
Almost all dives either include a boat ride of 6-8 miles or a car ride of 75-200miles.
But, With that said,I'll go diving just about any given day providing I have ample notice.(About ten mins. or so.) So if you want to dive around here just let me know,and we will go.
Brian (813)215-7463 :chicken:

Brewone0to:
Hey Ken, I'm pretty sure at "MEGA-DIVE 05", I described the plight here in this area with much detail as to the diving here.(Basically non-existant except for silty caves. :shakehead )
Almost all dives either include a boat ride of 6-8 miles or a car ride of 75-200miles.
But, With that said,I'll go diving just about any given day providing I have ample notice.(About ten mins. or so.) So if you want to dive around here just let me know,and we will go.
Brian (813)215-7463 :chicken:

Anyone want to dive anytime give me a call! 863 860-5189. I especially like WP.

Of course I am on my way to Cayman Brac on Thursday so after that please call!

I think there are spearfishers (is that a word???) who regularly dive the pilings around some of the bridges in the Tampa Bay area....me personally, I wouldn't, due to low viz and tremendous boat traffic.

Maya:
I think there are spearfishers (is that a word???)

yup, at least according to the American Heritage Dictionary (one who spearfishes)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom