Attention Tampa Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Earlier today, I had to drive to Tampa to drop off some mortgage paperwork. (Long story, don't ask) I shot down to Clearwater to visit some dive shops while I was there. Passing over the bridge on the bay and seeing how clear the water was made me very envious! How is the inshore diving there? Anything nearby? Accessible from shore worth diving? Not requiring a dive boat or charter? Anybody want to plan a future dive trip with me there?

ken, any reason you put this in the market section?

it can easily go in the main section

I'd imagine the water is much like the intercoastal on the other side, not great viz, pretty shallow, plenty of boat traffic and really not that hot. Even the shore diving has pretty poor viz down by Bradenton and Venice most of the time.

"ken, any reason you put this in the market section?"

Ken puts all his posts in the trip section. It's just the way he works (Don't ask me why, I don't know.)

why, Jarred???? WHY????

:eyebrow:

Ya'll aren't amaking any sense. :D

I am planning a dive TRIP, and the forum is titled TRIPS, and is in FLORIDA. Seemed logical to me. :p I preferred the prior trips n happenings title separate from a marketplace forum. Especially since I'm planning dive trips. If I were just wanting to chat, rant or insult, I'd do it in the main forum.
ANYwho... I am used to hitting Cedar Key, where the max depth is ten feet and vis is two! This doesn't change until you hit ten miles out at least, on a GREAT day! I drive across a bridge in Tampa and can see pilings and stuff on the bottom, and a guy in a boat tells me depth is twenty feet+, that is MUCH better than where I go! I would also like to eventually get into spearfishing more than I currently am which is nil. Hard to aim a speargun when you can't see the regulator in front of your mask! I'm quite happy diving pilings, and bridges. I'm in the water, can see more than twenty feet around me and there are fish,... it's ALL good! When runt goes back to school, (possibly this upcoming year), I'll be visiting South Florida often! I'd like to actually take a few charters out from Tarpon to Largo. How's it looking at Venice right now? I'm working the next two weekends, but after that, may get a Saturday dive trip in!

Trips & happenings are for specific trips.. i.e. dates and times...
Your first post was an inquiry..which goes in the general Florida Forum.
Don't worry, we still love ya! :kiss:

Scuba_Jenny:
Trips & happenings are for specific trips.. i.e. dates and times...
Your first post was an inquiry..which goes in the general Florida Forum.
Don't worry, we still love ya! :kiss:

Too many steenking rulz!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom