Attention PA/NJ/ NY DIR minded divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterlover

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am writing this to see if there is an interest in holding a get together of DIR minded divers. We will hold monthly get togethers and dives. At the meetings we will discuss various parts and applications of DIR and decompression. At the dives we can practice skills and try out equipment. If there is enough interest, I will start planning a meeting. Right now I am considering the Princeton area for the meeting place, but would be open for suggestions. A special invite to Lost Yooper. If you make it, I might be able to find some jet fins with spring heel straps for you to try so you can get rid of the ankle weights. :D
Let me know :)
Ken

I don't know much about DIR. Is it mostly for cave diving? But I'm always ready to learn and would be intersted in attending a meeting and seeing what it's all about.

Ty
\

I would like nothing more than to join you and others in a get together. Man, that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Mike

BTW, I'll have new Turtles (springs and all) by the end of the month. I can't take all this arm twisting, humiliating, treatment I get from all yooz guyz about my fins! ;-0 :D.

Dont think the springs are what he's getting at about removing the ankle weights. Jet fins are heavier then most fins and people tend to drop the ankle weights when using. I personally like to use my ankle weights with my jet fins, of course only with a drysuit on.:)

Thats a good answer.

Actually I use Turtle fins with home made spring straps. I do not use ankle weights with my neoprene suit regardless of what fin I use.

My old ultralight traped air in the boot like crazy. A pair of gaitors would have solved the problem.

My new custom made self-donning quadflex should not have any problems what so ever. This is Whites version of the TLS 350. Kick ass - I hope.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom