attachments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water Science

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Can you attach a pdf to a private message? is so can you please show me how

Last edited by a moderator:
No, at least not that I'm aware of. The .vbulletin PM system is limited in functionality.

If it's posted online somewhere else you can link to it using the link icon
createlink.gif

thanks, I just tried to cut and paste a picture in a private message and it worked. i will try that with a pdf attachment later.

I was looking for a paper clip (attachment icon) like the one on this tool bar above but its not on the tool bar for the private messages unless i missed it.

I was looking for a paper clip (attachment icon) like the one on this tool bar above but its not on the tool bar.
There in lies the problem. I just tried copying the contents of a .pdf to the PM edit window, Paste was greyed out when I did.

testing...

Attachments

• Ranger_LTD.pdf
    271.2 KB · Views: 43
Ok, here's a limited work-around.

In the post above, I attached (using the paperclip icon) a .PDF file.

Right clicking on the link I get a Copy Link Location option in Firefox. Pasting that link into a PM allowed me to send it. Clicking on the link in the sent msg. opened the .PDF in Adobe Reader.

The limitation is we only allow 400K .PDF files to be uploaded. And anyone can view it from the post.

diversteve, I believe that worked for me to, albeit maybe a little differently. your sneaky :eyebrow:

Maybe someone can figure out how to make it possible to send attachements directly from PM section.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom