Attaching my new SL4 to my BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfisher4792

Reaction score
I just bought an UK SL4, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts about the best way to attach it to my bc. I have an aqualung malibu back-inflate, has 4 D-rings on the right, 2 on the left. I already have my knife attached to my left shoulder strap, and right now, my the SL4 is attached high on my right shoulder (swivel clip to D-ring, bungeed to prevent dangle). Going into a pocket isn't an option right now (not enough room/pockets). Should I clip it low on the bc, to my arm, etc.? Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have my UK 300 rigged the same way, but I only have one shoulder d-ring on each side.
I am not at all familiar with your BC, but what is wrong with how you have it now?

MD

My SL4 is attached to a retractable lanyard which is attached to a D-ring on my left chest strap. Also on my left chest strap is a 1/2 inch "ring" cut from a bicycle innertube. This rubber ring holds the SL4 to my chest until I need it.

I do this because I hold my speargun in my right hand and SL4 in my left hand. Retractable lanyards can be a pain, but after I shoot a fish, I can release the SL4 which gives me the use of both hands and retracts out of my way so it won't tangle with the line on my spear shaft.

My wife, who has shorter arms, uses the same configuration, but with a coiled lanyard.

MechDiver once bubbled...
I have my UK 300 rigged the same way, but I only have one shoulder d-ring on each side.
I am not at all familiar with your BC, but what is wrong with how you have it now?

MD
I haven't dove with it yet in this setup, so I'm not sure if there's a more convenient way to rig it that I haven't thought of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom