Attaching Manifold to Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:
Those of us using those valves are going to blow themselves up for sure.
It's not about blowing up :shakehead

It's about partial combustion and the creation of CO (monoxide) in the cylinder.

I don't like the look of that tube, but I expect they considered this, and would be curious to know the when and why of any design changes.

Heres how I do it..

I take the manifold apart and put the 2 sides on to the tops of the tanks..

Then I push the tanks up to the isolator and turn the isolator in maybe 2 turns making sure that it is centered in the manifold..

Then I put the bands on and turn the manifold until it spins really easily and leave it there..

Then I start to tighten the bands slowly while still moving the manifold back and forth.. as the manifold gets hard to turn I tighten it since the bands are bringing the tanks closer together..

In the end ill have the bands tight and the isolator will turn a little in each direction with ease.. Then I tighen the locking nuts on the isolator and im done..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom